INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Internal Control and Compliance intern da inserire nella sua operatività in Italia. Durata 6 mesi. Tipo contratto: Stage/Tirocinio Scadenza candidature 23/11/2023
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Internal Control and Compliance intern
Duty station: Rome (HQ)
Starting date: 01/12/2023
Contract duration: 6 months
Reporting to: Internal Auditor
General context of the project
Internal Auditor main task is to assure the compliance with internal procedures of INTERSOS. Furthermore, the IA play an advisory and assisting role for INTERSOS staff on the field, contributing to a proper management of INTERSOS project activities. The oversight provided by the Internal Auditor covers internal audit, inspection, monitoring and the evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of INTERSOS system of internal control, financial management and use of assets, as well as investigation of financial or administrative misconduct and other irregular activities.
General purpose of the position
At the end of the 6 months’ time the intern will have a general understanding of internal control principles in a NGO. He/she will be familiar with external audits reports and will be able to analyse the audit findings.
Through the collaboration with the other depts, he/she will also have a good understanding of finance, procurement and HR internal procedures and flow, and on the mechanism that make sure organizations are accountable and transparent.
The intern will be also able to enhance these skills:
- time management
- communication with different stakeholders
- analysis of complex documents
Main responsibilities and tasks
The friend will work alongside the Internal auditor, following his day-to-day work and shadowing him on the main dossier of the office.
Specifically, he/she will support the tutor in:
- Mapping and analysis of internal complaints and internal control mechanism.
- Slide and training material revision and translation about. specifically related to workplace investigation, fraud prevention and accountability
- Support in analysis of Request of Derogation to the Procurement procedures coming from HQ and Field.
- Support to field and HQ Audit activities, collecting documents and checking their validity and adherence to INTERSOS SOP.
- Collect, analyse and systematise of field audit findings following the audit undertaken by Donor auditors.
Required profile and experience
- Degree in Economics, Law, International Relations, Human Rights.
- A previous internship/ volunteering experience in a humanitarian organization will be considered a plus.
- Technical skills in project management, finance, and administration.
- English, French.
- Attention to details.
- Organization skills.
- Sensitive to PSEA and fraud prevention.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password and citizenship), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.