INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Project Finance Officer da inserire nella sua operatività in Ucraina. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 15/12/2023
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people**.**
Terms of reference
Job Title: Project Finance Officer
Duty station: Odesa with frequent travels to projects locations
Starting date: 02/01/2024
Contract duration: 12 months
Reporting to: Project Manager
Functional Supervisor: Country Finance Coordinator
Type of duty station: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
The war broke out in Ukraine in February 2022. Since then, millions of people have fled to the neighboring countries, raising a big concern on how to manage such an immense flux of people. Shortly after the outbreak of the conflict INTERSOS set up its emergency response from Ukraine in April 2022. Currently the team in Ukraine is operating across two main operational hubs for East and South. All INTERSOS interventions are embedded in a programmatic approach to respond to the multisectoral needs of the conflict affected population, focusing on Protection, Health and NFIs response serving internally displaced persons (IDPs), their host communities in areas of displacement, and emergency humanitarian assistance in frontline and newly accessible areas. The project portfolio in Ukraine is supported by several donors and in line with its localisation strategy, INTERSOS works with different local partners across all oblasts of intervention.
General purpose of the position
The Project Administrator is responsible for carrying out and supervising the AICS project’s financial activities and ensures financial needs are met. He/she ensures the proper and effective management of financial resources, in accordance with the Organization’s and donor’s procedures and under the supervision of Project Manager and Country Finance Coordinator.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Manages the daily transactions of the project, ensuring duly support documentation.
- Assumes responsibility for cash account management and prepares bank payments.
- Updates the financial status of the project on a monthly basis.
- Regularly checks, in collaboration with the Project Manager, the project’s financial performance: overall burn rate, expenditure against budget, and financial forecasts
- In collaboration with the Project Manager, prepares the monthly procurement plan and follows up on ongoing procurements for timely delivery of goods and services.
- Ensures that all project financial activities are carried out on time and within budget to achieve project results.
- In collaboration with Finance Coordinator, prepares project progress, interim and final project financial reports
- Monitors project expenditures ensuring that no expenditure is incurred before it has been authorized.
- Make sure that the project uses available financial resources in an efficient and transparent manner.
- Ensures compliance with INTERSOS and donor procedures.
- Coordinates and ensures proper administrative filing according to INTERSOS procedures
- Ensures all support documents are translated in Italian
- Prepares internal and external audits.
- Ensures proper budgeting, verifying the conformity of expenditure items, as well as compliance with current procedures.
- Verifies that expenditures and purchase commitments are in line with budget availability and current level of expenditure.
- Supports the HR unit in the recruitment process for administrative positions
- Performs any other tasks as requested by the Head of Mission, Country Finance Coordinator, or Project Manager
Required profile and experience
Bachelor’s degree in business administration/economics/accounting.
Minimum of 2 year of experience in finance and administration.
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, listening and communication skills.
- Strong computer knowledge and skills.
Fluency in Italian and English is mandatory. Russian preferable.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multinational team
- Ability and willingness to travel to assigned project areas.
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password and citizenship), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least three references: two line managers and one HR referent. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.