ISTITUTO OIKOS E.T.S. sta selezionando un/a Project Manager and Ibo Supervisor da inserire nella sua operatività in Mozambico. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 31/12/2023
Project Manager and Ibo Supervisor
Short description of Istituto Oikos:
Istituto Oikos (www.istituto‐oikos.org), founded in Milan in 1996, operates in Europe and in developing countries to promote the responsible management of natural resources and to disseminate more sustainable lifestyles as tools for both socio-economic development and fight against poverty. Our vision: a future in which ecology, economy, equity are integrated, reconciling the needs of man and the environment. Our mission: To help preserve ecosystems by promoting development with professionalism, innovation and participation.
The context of intervention in Mozambique:
Istituto Oikos has been active in Mozambique since 2012, and in Ibo District since 2014, conducting over 30 projects in approximately 10 years. The main office is in Pemba while in Ibo island Istituto Oikos has a field base with a staff of 20 nationals. The primary focus of Oikos intervention for Ibo District has been on conservation of natural resources, fostering local and sustainable economies, addressing water, sanitation, and hygiene needs, as well as promoting education and awareness. In addition, in 2019, responding to the damage cause by Cyclone Kennet and to the internal conflict that erupted in Cabo Delgado, Istituto Oikos initiated emergency programs to provide essential services to internally displaced persons (IDPs) and the communities hosting them. Specifically, in Ibo district, Istituto Oikos is carrying out various projects in the following areas of intervention: environmental protection and waste management, mitigation of climate change, DRR, wash, resilient housing, sustainable agriculture and food security, income generation and entrepreneurship.
Offered Position: PM and Ibo Supervisor
Salary: 2.500 – 3.500 Euro (gross salary) to be defined on the basis of work experience and qualifications held
Duration: 1 year
Type of contract: Co.Co.Co.
Collaboration starts: approximately March 2024
Duty station: Due to Oikos internal security procedures it is currently not allowed for expatriate staff to be permanently based in Ibo Island. The person will therefore be based in Pemba from where she/he will operate through regular and frequent missions to the Ibo field Office (weekly flights operated by UNHAS, 20 minutes journey)
Objectives of the position:
- To coordinate the activities of the assigned Projects in all the technical-administrative aspects.
- To coordinate, in collaboration with the Ibo Local Coordinator, the Ibo Field Office, in particular oversee logistical, operational, administrative aspects and supervise the implementation/monitoring of interventions.
- To guarantee the sustainability of Ibo Field Office by developing new proposals to public and private donors.
- Ensure proper technical and financial progress of the project assigned to him/her.
- Coordinate the activities of assigned project in order to achieve their objectives within the timeframe and according to procedures agreed with the donors.
- Coordinate all phases of the cycle of assigned project and relations with donors and project partners.
- Coordinate and produce the technical reports required by donors’ and Oikos’ procedures.
- Supervise administrative aspects and collaborate with the Project Administration and Reporting Unit.
- Prepare and maintain, in collaboration with the Project Administration and Reporting Unit, the Chart of Accounts (SAL), using Oikos internal procedures and formats.
- In coordination with the Logistic Department prepare and monitor the implementation of the Purchase Plan. Provide technical support for the definition of BoQ, ToR and contracts;
- Close the technical and administrative reporting processes of the project within the timeframe and according to the procedures of the donor.
- Under the supervision of the Country Coordinator, manage relations with partner, stakeholder, and donors.;
- Coordinating project staff, identifying the activities to be carried out by each component of the team, supervising their work and the achievement of objectives
- Ensuring access to project information for all staff.
- Prepare TORs for all project staff, consultants and supervise the recruitment process, according to Oikos’s internal procedures.
- Design and implement the M&E Plan for the assigned projects and supervise the data collection for the KPI annual update.
As Ibo Supervisor:
- Supervise and guide the implementation of projects in the Ibo district ensuring their proper implementation in accordance with Istituto Oikos and donor management procedures, with a view to ensure their effective and efficient implementation; foster exchanges and promote synergies (also in terms of personnel and resources) between projects and within the organization;
- Coordinate the local staff based in Ibo District in collaboration with the Country Coordinator, Country Administrator and the Local Coordinator of Ibo;
- Ensure the communication and coordination of the Ibo Field Office with the Pemba Head Office and CC;
- Support the Country Coordinator in institutional relations and formal requests with institutions, partners and local and international donors
- Participate in the design of new project proposals in Ibo District to ensure the co-financing of ongoing initiatives and to develop possible new opportunities for intervention.
- University degree
- In-depth knowledge and experience in international cooperation, with at least 3 years of experience in project management in similar contexts
- Experience in coordination roles (es. Base/office coordinator)
- Skills in representation, relations and negotiation at different levels
- Strong aptitude for problem solving
- Experience in monitoring activities
- Demonstrated experience in project/program management, design, (financial) reporting, monitoring and evaluation of multi-sectoral programs
- Excellent knowledge English
- Previous experience in Nature based Solution (NbS), ECO-DRR or resilient construction will be an asset.
- Previous experience in Mozambique
- Good command of Portuguese
- (International) driving license;
To apply, you must send your CV data, including the contacts of two professional references, and a cover letter (1 page maximum) to:
Address to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate in the subject: PM/IBO/MZ/23
The document sent should include the authorization to process personal data pursuant to articles 13 and 14 of the G.D.P.R. (General Data Protection Regulation EU Regulation 2016/679 Legislative Decree 196/2003)
NOTE: The selection process will start as soon as the applications are received. Only candidates selected for an initial interview will be contacted and subsequently updated on the status of the selection.
Istituto Oikos reserves the right not to hire a candidate if the recruitment process or background check reveals that the candidate has previously been reported for a SEA (Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) incident or is unsuitable to work with beneficiaries. Istituto Oikos will not hire or employ anyone with a previous conviction for SEA or related offense.
The selection complies with the principle of equal opportunities (Law 903/77).