ISTITUTO OIKOS E.T.S. sta selezionando un/a Project Manager and expert in Natural Resources Management and DRR da inserire nella sua operatività in Mozambico. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 31/12/2023
Project Manager expert in Natural Resources Management, Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) – Mozambique based
Short description of Istituto Oikos:
Istituto Oikos (www.istituto‐oikos.org) founded in Milan in 1996, operates in Europe and in developing countries to promote the responsible management of natural resources and spread more sustainable models of life as tools for both socio-economic development and fighting poverty. Vision: a future in which ecology, economy, equity are integrated, reconciling the needs of man and the environment. Mission: To help preserve ecosystems by promoting development with professionalism, innovation and participation.
The context of intervention in Mozambique:
Oikos has been operating in the Provinces of Cabo Delgado and Nampula since 2012 and 2022. While the organization has historically been engaged in rural development projects and natural resource conservation, since 2019 has enlarged its focus to emergency and development actions aimed at building local long-term resilience. This shift was prompted by the ongoing climatic and humanitarian emergencies, which have further exacerbated the challenging socio-economic conditions in the region. Today, the main lines of intervention in the sector of increasing community resilience to climate changes are: studies on coastal ecosystems to identify the most vulnerable areas and develop warning systems and climate risk mitigation measures engaging communities; recovery of degraded areas, such as mangrove forested areas; promotion of organic and climate-smart farming practices and sustainable livelihood practices.
Offered Position: PM and expert in Natural Resources Management and DRR
Salary: 2.500 – 3.500 Euro (gross salary) to be defined on the basis of work experience and qualifications held
Duration: 1 year
Type of contract: Co.Co.Co.
Collaboration starts: approximately March 2024
Place of work: Pemba (Cabo Delgado, Mozambique) and project target areas with missions in secondary/field offices
Objectives of the position:
- To coordinate the activities of the assigned Projects in all the technical-administrative aspects
- To orient and coordinate the activities in the sector of natural resources management and DRR
- Ensure the proper technical and financial progress of the project assigned to him/her;
- Coordinate the activities of assigned project in order to achieve their objectives within the timeframe and procedures agreed with the funders;
- Coordinate all phases of the cycle of assigned project and relations with funders and project partners;
- Coordinate and produce the technical reports required by the donor and Oikos’ procedures.
- Supervise all administrative aspects and collaborate with the Project Administration and Reporting Unit;
- Prepare and keep updated, in collaboration with the Project Administration and Reporting Unit, the Plan of Accounts (SAL), using Oikos internal procedures and formats;
- In coordination with the Log Dept prepare and implement the Purchase Plan, supporting also the technical components of the supply contracts;
- Close the technical and administrative reporting processes of the project within the timeframe and according to the procedures of the donor;
- Handling relations with partners, stakeholders and donors under the supervision of the Country Coordinator;
- Coordinating the staff involved in the project (Project Implementation Unit – PIU), identifying the activities to be carried out by each team member, supervising their work and the achievement of objectives;
- Ensuring access to project information for all staff;
- Prepare TORs for all project staff, consultants and supervise the recruitment process, according to the organization internal procedures.
- Design and implement the M&E Plan for the assigned Projects and supervise the data collection for the KPI annual update.
- Support the Country Coordinator in institutional relations and formal requests with institutions, partners and local and international donors in the natural resource management and DRR sector.
- Support the preparation of project proposals to be submitted for funding in the natural resources management, climate change adaption, mitigation and DRR.
- Support the implementation of natural resources management, climate change adaption, mitigation and DRR activities in Oikos projects.
- Support the CC in the identification of local and international organizations which work in natural resources management, climate change adaption, mitigation and DRR to build strategic partnership.
- University level qualification in natural sciences / biology / forestry / geology or similar
- In-depth knowledge and experience in international cooperation projects, in particular in the natural resources management and DRR sector (at least 3 years of experience in project management in similar contexts)
- Skills in representation, relations and negotiation at different levels
- Strong aptitude for problem solving
- Experience in monitoring activities
- Excellent ability to plan, manage and monitor activities
- Excellent knowledge of English language
- Prior experience in Mozambique
- Knowledge of Portuguese language
- Studies in CC adaptation and mitigation and DRR sectors
To apply, you must send your CV data, including the data of 2 people for professional references, and a letter of motivation (1 page maximum) with authorization to process personal data pursuant to articles 13 and 14 of the G.D.P.R. (General Data Protection Regulation EU Regulation 2016/679 Legislative Decree 196/2003) to:
Due date: 31/12/2023
Address to apply: email@example.com
Indicate in the subject: PM/MZ/23
NOTE: The selection process will start as soon as the applications are received. Only the candidates selected for an initial cognitive interview will be contacted and will subsequently be updated on the status of the selection.
Istituto Oikos reserves the right not to hire or hire an applicant if the recruitment process or background check reveals that the applicant has previously been reported for an SEA incident or is unsuitable to work with beneficiaries. Istituto Oikos will not hire or employ anyone with a previous conviction for SEA or related offense.
The selection complies with the principle of equal opportunities (Law 903/77).