WEWORLD sta selezionando un/a Emergency Finance and HR Coordinator da inserire nella sua operatività in Palestina. Durata 6 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 13/12/2023
Position: Emergency Finance and HR Coordinator oPt
Location: Ramallah (or remotely) during the first phase and in Gaza when the conditions allow
Report to: Emergency Coordinator
Technical Supervision: Country Finance Manager
Work in coordination with: Country Representative, Country Finance Manager, Finance Field Officers
Family Duty Station: NO
Starting date: ASAP
Application deadline: 13/12/2023
WeWorld has been working in Palestine since 1992, operating in the field of human rights, humanitarian aid and development to guarantee Palestinian communities access to basic services and available natural resources, in particular with regard to integrated service management, the strengthening of the integrated protection of the population and the enhancement of local socio-economic development in a sustainable and innovative way, with particular attention to the social and economic empowerment of women.
WeWorld in Palestine has 5 offices (central office in Jerusalem and field offices in Gaza City, Ramallah, Hebron and Tubas). Over the decades, WeWorld has implemented several interventions funded by multiple donors: DG ECHO and the European Union, the Italian Cooperation, UN agencies as UNICEF and OCHA, as well as national agencies and donors such as SIDA, GIZ, JICA, DGD, GFFO, FCDO, AECID and others.
WeWorld’s interventions are linked to global and national strategies, including the coordination with and the contribution to the Humanitarian Response Plan of the UN. With a people-centered approach, the priorities are always identified together with the communities we serve, with a specific focus on a triple Nexus approach. The significant amount of data and analysis collected and elaborated by WeWorld in oPt inform the intervention of multiple agencies in Country. WeWorld is a member of the Global WASH Cluster and is part of all the clusters at national level: WASH (member of the Strategic Advisory Group), Education, Food Security, Shelter, Protection and Health.
Since the opening of an office in Gaza City in 1997, WeWorld intervention in Gaza has been traditionally focused on humanitarian needs, especially in the WASH sector, focusing on the shortage of drinking water. WeWorld has focused its intervention on the growing needs of vulnerable households in terms of Integrated Protection, and on the urgent needs for enhancing the local capacity to manage and supply drinking and domestic water. The ongoing war in Gaza has left more than 1,6 m displaced people, its’ critical services infrastructure damaged and as we speak because of no fuel with little or no water to drink or use for other purposes. WeWorld personnel in Gaza have been trying in any way it is possible to mobilise resources to provide water to people. The result of this war has had catastrophic consequences, and the humanitarian needs are dire. WeWorld has planned to scale up the provision of basic services to IDPs when this is possible (availability of fuel and safety).
Under the line management of the Emergency Coordinator, the Emergency Finance and HR Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the financial administration and Human Resources management of the emergency activities in Gaza according to WeWorld policies and procedures. This includes support in setting up or expanding the current financial and HR capacities to meet the needs and involves budgeting, compliance, and financial reporting to donors, as wells as, the management and effective planning and allocation of financial and human resources to meet the objectives of the emergency activities in Gaza.
Main functions and duties:
- Work closely with the Emergency Coordinator and Field Finance and Administration officers to support the implementation of the Emergency Project Activities
- Plan HR operational and budget needs in coordination with the Country Finance Manager and the Emergency Coordinator
- Support the recruitment processes and ensure proper management of administrative and legal procedures
- Provide training, tools and guidance to the finance and administration officers in the field to perform the financial and HR tasks
- Ensure proper application of the WeWorld HR manual for recruitment, contracting, reward and legal compliance
- Define and coordinate internal communication policies, organizing personnel meetings, and promoting WeWorld values and vision
- Coordinate the implementation of administrative protocols and procedures, ensuring compliance
- Provide support and guidance to line management in handling staff conflicts
- Ensure proper implementation and respect of WeWorld policies and guidelines, design or adapt field policies and procedures for optimized management of financial resources
- Define the financial strategy for the mission, manage funding agreements with donors, and prepare proposals and financial reports
- Train and coach finance staff and sensitize key executive staff on financial risks and responsibilities
- Assess and mitigate financial risks, ensure internal control systems are in place, and promote financial ethics within the mission
- Ensure compliance with tax and social security obligations and coordinate audits
- Coordinate the monthly closing of accounts and follow up the emergency project expenditures
- Implement a field organizational set-up to meet financial obligations and mitigate risks
- Ensure proper application of HR policies and associated processes
- Supervise services contracts and ensure proper use of WeWorld resources and ethical expenditures
- Collect and translate information into a budget
- Perform internal controls/audits and support audits performed by donors
The duties and responsibilities set forth above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to perform additional duties.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- A University degree, preferably in Economics/Finance/HR management. Experience can compensate the absence of relative studies
- Good knowledge of the social and economic Palestinian context and the Palestinian market
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
- At least 5 years of previous experience in relevant jobs
- Experience working in a Humanitarian Emergency for an NGO and in setting up phase of Emergency interventions
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent team spirit, high ethical standards and coordination and communication skills
- Analytical and strategical thinking skills
- Excellent time management and capacity to meet the deadlines
- Flexibility and capacity to work in a complex environment
- Pro-activity and problem-solving attitude
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Details-oriented attitude
- Integrity in line with the Humanitarian Principles and ethical standards
- Strong commitment to WeWorld Mission
- Cultural, gender, religion, and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Knowledge of the Arabic language, written and verbal
- Knowledge of Italian language, written and verbal
- Proven experience in project proposal writing
WHAT WE OFFER
Type of contract: a 6 (six) month collaboration contract renewable subject to verification of the achievement of specific objectives (these objectives will be agreed together with the Line Manager upon arrival on assignment)
Economic conditions to be defined according to WeWorld Expatriates Compensation Policy: Base Salary (seniority/role held) + Contributions (role complex and hardship based on place of work; schooling, flights for children and insurance coverage for children)
Other conditions: Tax Treatment: equal tax treatment between Italian and foreign residents is guaranteed
Annual leave: 2,5 days/month (working days)
Flight ticket: one return flight every 12 months of contract
Health insurance: covered
R&R: YES (only in GAZA)
WHO WE ARE
WeWorld supports people in overcoming emergencies, and it strives to guarantee that everyone can have a decent and dignified life as well as opportunities and a better future. WeWorld works in 27 countries around the world, including in Italy, with more than 120 emergency, humanitarian aid and development projects. Its activities mainly involve women, girls and young people, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world.
The organization operates in several natural and man-made crisis in various regions of the world. The emergency response, coordinated by the Humanitarian Aid Unit, is composed by multi-sectorial interventions comprising of WASH, EiE, CVA, Food Security, Protection, and others. The organization operates also in protracted crisis with provision of humanitarian aid through a prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation approach.
How to apply:
Please send Cover Letter and CV at the link
The recruitment process may be closed early if a suitable candidate is found. Due to the large number of applications, we apologise in advance and will only respond to those profiles deemed suitable for the role.