WEWORLD sta selezionando un/a Nutrition/Health Program Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Burundi. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 30/11/2023
Position: Nutrition/Health Program Manager Burundi
Reporting to: Program Coordinator
Location: Bujumbura, Burundi
Starting date: 15/04/2024
Family duty station: YES
WeWorld supports people in overcoming emergencies, and it strives to guarantee that everyone can have a decent and dignified life as well as opportunities and a better future. WeWorld has been present in Burundi since 1995 and is currently active in 13 of the 18 country’s provinces. Thanks to current funding from donors (UNICEF, WFP, Netherlands Embassy, UE, UNHCR, Monegasque cooperation), WeWorld has been carried out actions in the health, nutrition, food security, renewable energy and WASH sectors.
Purpose of the Role
WeWorld is recruiting a Nutrition/Health Program Manager who will supervise three projects: PADANE and KURA KIBONDO (nutrition sector) financed by the Dutch Embassy and Twivuze Twese (health sector), co-funded by the European Union and the Monegasque Cooperation, in line with the strategy, plans and policies of the WWGVC mission in Burundi. The Nutrition/Health Program Manager will ensure the technical and quality control of projects under his/her supervision, in liaison with each Project Manager and the Program Coordinator and will contribute to the development of new interventions.
The main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Ensuring a quality implementation for the 3 above mentioned projects
- Coordinating work, providing quality control and support to Project Managers (direct supervision and capacity building)
- Coordinating the development of new projects in the Nutrition and Health sector (logical framework design, participation in budget development and narrative writing) in collaboration with other stakeholders within the organization (WeWorld headquarters, technical experts, etc.)
- Supervising and coordinating donor reporting in collaboration with each Project Manager (three donors: Netherlands Embassy, European Union, Monegasque Cooperation)
- Representing WeWorld at project coordination meetings when necessary
The main tasks of the role will be:
Project management, reporting and quality control
- Supervising and updating project work plans in link with Project Managers and relevant team members to ensure proper implementation of activities
- With the support of the Finance Coordinator, supporting Project Managers in managing budgets in accordance with donors and WeWorld guidelines
- Providing ongoing capacity building to Project Managers through regular field visits and meetings with staff and project team members
- Ensuring that all reports are properly drafted and submitted on time to donors
- In the absence of the Project Managers, carrying out management tasks related to project implementation from a programmatic, logistical and financial point of view
- Creating synergies between ongoing projects and other field operations
- Organizing periodic program meetings with Project Managers (and other field project team members, as required)
- Organizing program workshops to exchange experiences with project teams
- In liaison with each Project Manager, ensuring that administrative support for financial reports and annual project audits are well organized
- Supervising and building capacity of relevant project teams
- In accordance with WeWorld procedures and in collaboration with the Human Resources Department, supporting as required the Project Managers and HR Department in the recruitment, training, supervision and evaluation of the project staff team, including the identification of capacity building needs and the implementation of appropriate training sessions
- Ensuring that project staff respect WeWorld rules and regulations and adhere to WeWorld values and code of ethics
Monitoring and evaluation
- In collaboration with the MEAL Manager, supervising the proper functioning of the project monitoring and evaluation system
- Supporting the MEAL Manager in the implementation and supervision of project MEAL plans
- In liaison with each Project Manager, following up the progress and completion of project indicators and results
Representation and coordination
- In coordination with the Project Managers, Program Coordinator and Country Representative, establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with donors, project stakeholders and other organizations working in project intervention areas
- Participating proactively in various project-related coordination meetings at national level
- Contributing to the smooth management of and collaboration with the projects’ programmatic partners (consultants, donors, etc.)
Any other task requested by the Program Coordinator, for an efficient and quality implementation of WeWorld’s strategy and projects in Burundi, and according to the needs of the mission.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Advanced university degree or equivalent in social or political sciences, development studies, international relations, project management
- Strong management skills and good knowledge of the policies and procedures of major international donors (EU, embassies, bilateral cooperation agencies, etc.)
- Good knowledge of MSOffice
- Fluency in written and spoken French
- Fluency in written and spoken English (desirable)
- At least 5 years’ experience working with international NGOs in the management of international cooperation projects financed by institutional donors
- Extensive experience in project development and proposal writing
- Experience in monitoring projects in the nutrition and/or health sector
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work on capacity building of project teams
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options, think and plan strategically
- Strong flexibility and ability to adapt behavior to the needs of the situation
- Ability to work independently and prevent/resolve problems
- Proven organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while promoting quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with colleagues
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the NGO values and ethical standards
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
- Good communication, negotiation skills and sensitivity in dealing with local institutions on critical issues
- Cultural, gender, religion, and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Strong commitment to the Mission of WeWorld, genuine interest for international cooperation development topics
- Previous professional experience in Burundi
- Knowledge of Italian is an added value
WHAT WE OFFER
Type of contract: a first 6 (six) months contract subject to verification (achievement of specific objectives); a second collaboration contract of 6 (six) months renewable, following the positive evaluation of the first period of collaboration.
Economic conditions: to be defined according to WeWorld Expatriates Compensation Policy: Base Salary (seniority/role held) + Contributions (role complex and hardship based on place of work)
Others conditions: Tax Treatment: equal tax treatment between Italian and foreign residents is guaranteed
Family Duty Station: YES
Annual leave: 2,5 days/month (working days)
Flight ticket: one return flight every 12 months of contract
Health insurance: covered
WHO WE ARE
WeWorld supports people in overcoming emergencies, and it strives to guarantee that everyone can have a decent and dignified life as well as opportunities and a better future. WeWorld works in 27 countries around the world, including in Italy, with more than 165 emergency, humanitarian aid and development projects. Its activities mainly involve women, girls and young people, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world. The organization operates in several natural and man-made crisis in various regions of the world. The emergency response, coordinated by the Humanitarian Aid Unit, is composed by multi-sectorial interventions comprising of WASH, EiE, CVA, Food Security, Protection, and others. The organization operates also in protracted crisis with provision of humanitarian aid through a prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation approach.
How to apply
Send CV and Cover Letter to the link.
The recruitment process may be closed early if a suitable candidate is found.
Due to the large number of applications, we apologize in advance and will only respond to those profiles deemed suitable for the role.
WeWorld is an equal opportunity organization and will not allow discrimination based upon age, ethnicity, ancestry, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, or any other status prohibited by applicable law. WeWorld has also a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process.
WeWorld commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. WeWorld promotes a welcoming, diverse and discrimination- and harassment-free workplace and expects the highest standards of behaviour from all its staff, who are requested to adhere to the principles and behavioural rules defined in the CoEC and the Organisational Poplicies.
The CoEC and all the internal policies can be found here: https://www.weworld.it/en/about-us/transparency