WEWORLD sta selezionando un/a Programs Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Moldavia. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 05/12/2023
Position: Programs Manager Moldova
Reporting Relationship: Country Representative
Location: Chișinău, Moldova
Starting date: ASAP
Family duty Station: YES
WeWorld supports people in overcoming emergencies, and it strives to guarantee that everyone can have a decent and dignified life as well as opportunities and a better future.
In March 2022, WeWorld launched humanitarian operations to provide relief assistance to Ukrainian refugees in Moldova, and internally displaced persons in South-Western Ukraine (Odessa Oblast). Psychosocial support and Education in Emergencies (EiE), food (fresh fruit and vegetables) and non-food items (hygiene items, school supplies and winterization items) distribution, are among the main sectors of WeWorld response to the Ukrainian crisis. Focusing mainly on vulnerable children and women, WeWorld provides support to the most vulnerable groups residing in the refugee accommodation centres (RACs), such as the Roma community, and to refugees hosted in private accommodations in Chisinau and Criuleni districts in Moldova, as well as to IDPs residing in temporary shelters and host communities in Reni and Izmail districts in Southern Ukraine.
Purpose of the Role
The Programs Manager manages organizational Programs at the country level ensuring quality from development through execution. Identifies programming opportunities and areas where the organization can demonstrate its value and relevance. Builds relationships with donors and national counterparts creating a network of collaboration and highlighting the value the organization brings. Manages International and National Staff and budget.
The Programs Manager is under the direct line management of the Country Representative.
MAIN FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Strategic Programme Development (30%)
- In collaboration with the Country Representative and HQ coordinators, develops and implements an appropriate and effective strategy related to child protection, pico-social support, education in emergency, distribution of hygiene, food and non-food items, livelihood and social cohesion promotion, setting clear objectives and indicators
- Develops new proposals in collaboration with the Country Representative and HQ coordinators, involving a multisector approach, expanding the intervention of WeWorld in the country
- Provides strategic and technical guidance on key components of WeWorld emergency work to foster good practice and ensure that humanitarian minimum standards are met in all sectors
Programme/Project Management (40%)
- Monitors and supports planning of project activities, ensuring effective delivery in line with donor requirements and WeWorld mission
- Prepares internal and external reports to ensure effective and timely information flows and reporting.
- Ensures timely information on progress and results is available
- Compiles, organizes, analyses, monitors, and prepares data for situation reports, fact sheets, donor reports, briefing notes, and other reporting products
- Undertakes field visits to gather the information on results related to the emergency response activities
- Ensures that field data collection and analysis are performed in a results-based and timely manner for donors, audits, and internal purposes
Representation, Partnership and Networking (20%)
- Participates in Cluster/Groups interagency coordination meetings and other emergency working groups or meetings as required
- Represents WeWorld and feeds back to the Country Representative and HQ coordinators on relevant issues
- Develops and maintains regular, transparent and accountable communication structures with the assigned project staff, HQ coordinators, as well as other relevant stakeholders (e.g. beneficiaries, community leaders, local and national government officials, UN agencies and other NGOs), with the objective of ensuring good cooperation and partnerships
- Provides effective WeWorld representation to donors, national and local authorities, partners and other relevant stakeholders in the country
- Supports donor relations by contributing to the production of various communication products for donors and accompanying donors during the field visits in coordination with programme and field officers
Capacity Building and General (10%)
- Identifies learning and training opportunities for project staff and works as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff
- Ensure transparent, equal and inclusive management and training of human resources in accordance with the policy and procedures, and all regulatory requirements (WeWorld, host country legislation and donor’s policy)
- Foster an inclusive and diverse work environment, and ensure that the highest standards of conduct are observed
The duties and responsibilities set forth above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to perform additional duties.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- An advanced university degree or equivalent in the field of Social or Political Science, Development Studies, International relations, Project Management
- Knowledge of main donors’ policies and procedures (ECHO, UN Agencies, EU, Italian Cooperation)
- Fluent in English both written and verbal
- Good computer skills, in particular MS Office package
- At least 6 years’ relevant working experience in humanitarian or development settings
- At least 4 years’ experience in Project Cycle Management
- Proven experience in project proposal writing
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal relationships and demonstrated ability to leverage business networks and partnerships for continued growth
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Ability to perform under stress conditions
- Capacity to work autonomously and in problems prevention/resolution
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually and to translate these into concrete results
- Ability to identify, initiate and maintain good relationships with partner organizations, donors and national authorities including building professional relationships with senior decision-makers and influencers/leaders
- Proven organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while fostering quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with colleagues
- Integrity in line with the Humanitarian Principles and ethical standards
- Strong commitment to WeWorld Mission
- Cultural, gender, religion, and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Previous work experience in the area
- Fluent in Italian, both written and verbal
WHAT WE OFFER
Type of contract: a first 3 (three) months collaboration contract subject to evaluation; a second collaboration contract of 9 (nine) months renewable, following the positive evaluation of the first three months of contract
Economic conditions to be defined according to WeWorld Expatriates Compensation Policy: Base Salary (seniority/role held) + Contributions (role complex and hardship based on place of work; schooling, flights for children and insurance coverage for children)
Other conditions: Tax Treatment: equal tax treatment between Italian and foreign residents is guaranteed
Annual leave: 2,5 days/month (working days)
Flight ticket: one return flight every 12 months of contract
Health insurance: covered
Family duty Station: YES
How to apply:
Please send Cover Letter and CV at the link.
WHO WE ARE
WeWorld supports people in overcoming emergencies, and it strives to guarantee that everyone can have a decent and dignified life as well as opportunities and a better future. WeWorld works in 27 countries around the world, including in Italy, with more than 165 emergency, humanitarian aid and development projects. Its activities mainly involve women, girls and young people, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world.
The organization operates in several natural and man-made crisis in various regions of the world. The emergency response, coordinated by the Humanitarian Aid Unit, is composed by multi-sectorial interventions comprising of WASH, EiE, CVA, Food Security, Protection, and others. The organization operates also in protracted crisis with provision of humanitarian aid through a prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation approach.
The recruitment process may be closed early if a suitable candidate is found.
Due to the large number of applications, we apologise in advance and will only respond to those profiles deemed suitable for the role.
WeWorld is an equal opportunity organization and will not allow discrimination based upon age, ethnicity, ancestry, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, or any other status prohibited by applicable law.
WeWorld has also a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process.
WeWorld commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented.
WeWorld promotes a welcoming, diverse and discrimination and harassment-free workplace and expects the highest standards of behaviour from all its staff, who are requested to adhere to the principles and behavioural rules defined in the CoEC and the Organisational Policies.
The CoEC and all the internal policies can be found here: https://www.weworld.it/en/about-us/transparency