WEWORLD sta selezionando un/a Project Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Moldavia. Durata 9 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 30/11/2023
Position: Project Manager Moldova
Reporting Relationship: Program Manager
Location: Chișinău, Moldova
Starting date: ASAP
WeWorld supports people in overcoming emergencies, and it strives to guarantee that everyone can have a decent and dignified life as well as opportunities and a better future.
In March 2022, WeWorld launched humanitarian operations to provide relief assistance to Ukrainian refugees in Moldova, and internally displaced persons in South-Western Ukraine (Odessa Oblast). Psychosocial support and Education in Emergencies (EiE), food (fresh fruit and vegetables) and non-food items (hygiene items, school supplies and winterization items) distribution, are among the main sectors of WeWorld response to the Ukrainian crisis. Focusing mainly on vulnerable children and women, WeWorld provides support to the most vulnerable groups residing in the refugee accommodation centres (RACs), such as the Roma community, and to refugees hosted in private accommodations in Chisinau and Criuleni districts in Moldova, as well as to IDPs residing in temporary shelters and host communities in Reni and Izmail districts in Southern Ukraine.
Purpose of the Role
The Project Manager will be in charge of the overall management of one or more projects implemented in Moldova and/or Southern Ukraine, if the security situation will allow. He/she will ensure the quality of the implementation in all its phases: planning, activities follow-up, monitoring and reporting, in coordination with the field teams and local partner and in collaboration with the admin departments. The Project Manager will be under the direct line management of the Program Manager. In coordination with him, he/she will represent the NGO in relevant meetings related to the projects under his/her management.
Main functions and duties
Project Management (60 %)
- Leading, monitoring and supporting the planning of project’s activities, ensuring effective delivery in line with donor requirements and WeWorld’s mission
- Coordinating with Program manager for the implementation of activities in the area of intervention
- Preparing project planning, worksheets and activities follow-up mechanisms (general/specific activity plan, procurement plan, M&E plan, etc.)
- Supervising the field staff to comply with planning documents and putting corrective mechanisms in place if necessary
- Preparing internal and external reports to ensure effective and timely information flows and reporting
- Ensuring timely information on progress, results and challenges
- Compiling, organizing, analysing, monitoring, and preparing data for situation reports, fact sheets, donor reports, briefing notes, and other reporting products
- Undertaking field visits (depending on security conditions and security clearance) to gather the information on results related to the field activities
- Ensuring efficient, effective and timely field data collection and analysis for donors, audits, and internal purposes
- Ensuring good coordination and communication between the project coordinator(s) and the Finance/Accounting, Logistics/Procurement, Human Resources, Communication in the Country and/or in HQ
- Ensuring the coordination with local partners in the Country of intervention and with partners of the consortium at global level
- Actively participating to promote a harmonised approach and methodologies between the different projects, supporting the development of specific tools, trainings and workshops to share experiences and good practices
Project staff Capacity Building and General (10%)
- Recruiting and training new key team members
- Identifying learning and training opportunities for project staff and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff
- Ensuring transparent, equal and inclusive management of human resources in accordance with internal policies and procedures, and all regulatory requirements of country legislation and donor’s policy
- Fostering an inclusive and diverse work environment, and ensuring that the highest standards of conduct are observed
Partnership and Networking (20%)
- Participating in Cluster/Working Groups meetings and other coordination meetings as required
- Representing WeWorld and feed back to the Country Representative, Program Director and HQ coordinators on relevant issues
- Developing and maintaining regular, transparent and accountable communication flows with the assigned project staff, HQ experts, as well as other relevant stakeholders (e.g. beneficiaries, community leaders, local and national government officials, UN agencies and other NGOs)
- In coordination with the Country Representative, providing effective WeWorld representation to projects’ donors, national and local authorities, partners and other relevant stakeholders related with the projects in the country
- Supporting donor relations by contributing to the production of various communication products for donors and accompanying donors during the field visits (depending on security conditions and security clearance
Strategic Programme Development (10%)
- Developing new project proposals in collaboration with the Country Representative, Program Manager and HQ coordinators, involving a multisectoral approach, expanding the intervention of WeWorld in new sectors
- Providing strategic and technical guidance on key components of WeWorld’s engagement in Moldova to foster good practices and ensure that humanitarian minimum standards are met
The duties and responsibilities mentioned above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to perform additional duties.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- An advanced University degree or equivalent in the field of Law and International Law, Social or Political Science, Development Studies, International Relations
- Knowledge of main donors’ policies and procedures
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Romanian and/or Russian will be considered as an asset
- Good computer skills, in particular MS Office package
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in humanitarian and/or development settings
- At least 2 years of international work professional experience as a Project Manager
- Proven experience in project proposal writing
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal relationships and demonstrated ability to leverage business networks and partnerships for continued growth
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Capacity to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually and to translate these into concrete results
- Ability to identify, initiate and maintain good relationships with partner organizations, donors and national authorities including building professional relationships with senior decision-makers and influencers/leaders
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage effectively multiple tasks while fostering quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with colleagues
- Integrity in line with Humanitarian Principles and ethical standards
- Strong commitment to WeWorld Mission
- Cultural, gender, religion, and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Experience in Project management with local partners will be a plus
- Experience in Protection and/or Education will be considered as a plus
- Previous work experience in Eastern Europe
WHAT WE OFFER
Type of contract: a first 3 (three) months collaboration contract subject to evaluation; a second collaboration contract of 6 (six) months renewable, following the positive evaluation of the first three months of contract; possibility of extension due to availability of funds
Economic conditions to be defined according to WeWorld Expatriates Compensation Policy: Base Salary (seniority/role held) + Contributions (role complex and hardship based on place of work; schooling, flights for children and insurance coverage for children)
Other conditions: Tax Treatment: equal tax treatment between Italian and foreign residents is guaranteed
Annual leave: 2,5 days/month (working days)
Flight ticket: one return flight every 12 months of contract
Health insurance: covered
Family duty Station: YES
How to apply
Please send Cover Letter and CV at the link
WHO WE ARE
WeWorld supports people in overcoming emergencies, and it strives to guarantee that everyone can have a decent and dignified life as well as opportunities and a better future. WeWorld works in 27 countries around the world, including in Italy, with more than 165 emergency, humanitarian aid and development projects. Its activities mainly involve women, girls and young people, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world.
The organization operates in several natural and man-made crisis in various regions of the world. The emergency response, coordinated by the Humanitarian Aid Unit, is composed by multi-sectorial interventions comprising of WASH, EiE, CVA, Food Security, Protection, and others. The organization operates also in protracted crisis with provision of humanitarian aid through a prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation approach.
The recruitment process may be closed early if a suitable candidate is found.
Due to the large number of applications, we apologise in advance and will only respond to those profiles deemed suitable for the role.
WeWorld is an equal opportunity organization and will not allow discrimination based upon age, ethnicity, ancestry, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, or any other status prohibited by applicable law.
WeWorld has also a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process.
WeWorld commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented.
WeWorld promotes a welcoming, diverse and discrimination and harassment-free workplace and expects the highest standards of behaviour from all its staff, who are requested to adhere to the principles and behavioural rules defined in the CoEC and the Organisational Policies.
The CoEC and all the internal policies can be found here: https://www.weworld.it/en/about-us/transparency