FONDAZIONE AVSI sta selezionando un/a MEAL Coordinator da inserire nella sua operatività in Sudan del Sud. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Altro Scadenza candidature 29/12/2023
Role: MEAL Coordinator
Publication date: 11/12/2023
Starting date: 15/01/2024
Duration of contract: 1 year with the possibility to extend upon good performance.
Country: South Sudan
Duty Station: Juba, with assignments in Lakes State, and Equatoria States
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written);
- Knowledge of Arabic, Italian or French will be an asset.
Reporting structure: 1st Country Representative, 2nd Regional Manager
Aim of the position:
The purpose of the MEAL manager is to develop and implement an integrated monitoring strategy and framework to formulate a clear and operational mechanism for monitoring and evaluation, including community liaison and AAP strategy, with fields needs assessments.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop an integrated monitoring strategy and framework to formulate a clear and operational mechanism for monitoring and evaluation including community liaison strategy with fields needs assessments;
- Develop logical/results frameworks and monitoring plans with tools for all AVSI programs/projects;
- Under each project and based on the project logical framework, support the MEAL team in designing and developing specific methodologies and tools for planning, monitoring, evaluation and capitalization of lesson learned;
- Ensure that all processes, methodologies and tools are age/gender sensitive;
- Support M&E staff assigned for each project in applying M&E standards around project planning meetings, baseline studies, data collection tools, monitoring missions and evaluations;
- Provide technical assistance and support M&E team to implement M&E plans/processes and to collect data, particularly quantitative and qualitative information from various sources;
- Develop a clear data management system for tracking and verifying programmatic performance particularly against the targets and achievement on outputs and outcomes levels;
- Develop validation data process along with the Information System team to ensure accurate and reliable data collected and archived;
- Make sure reporting deadlines are respected and M&E teams reports are submitted timely.
- Ensure coaching and capacity building for the MEAL Team as well as their engaged participation in the relevant MEAL activities, as needed;
- Ensure the MEAL department conducts information delivery and feedback sessions with beneficiaries to guide them in expressing their needs and seeking help;
- Lead the process of mid-term and/or final evaluation intervention under various projects, set up team reflection around evaluations results and how to communicate results effectively to project/program teams;
- Support recruitment and management of external consultants, and data collection teams for specific projects;
- Ensure that critical MEAL findings and recommendations are discussed and addressed by Program teams and management;
- Supervise the MEAL staff including community liaison and Information system teams;
- Promote coordination with the Communication department to ensure data analyzed and results achieved are effectively communicated;
- Follow-up the yearly strategy implementation of the community liaison teams to make sure the Outreach and other assessments and coordination activities are done timely and according to the projects needs under each geographical area;
- Provide grant proposals and reports with accurate, quantitative and qualitative data;
- Contribute to the development of new project proposals by drafting TOC and log frames, budgeting for MEAL activities etc., in coordination with the program and finance department;
- Ensure proper coordination within AVSI South Sudan Mission departments and sectors;
- Represent externally AVSI in MEAL working groups and establish networking with other organizations to share M&E learning and good practices; for consortium-based projects, ensure that AVSI MEAL department work closely with the partners in developing monitoring plans and following their implementation.
When required, the MEAL Manager will also:
- Provide support and training to AVSI South Sudan staff;
- Provide support to AVSI ESA (Eastern and Southern Africa) MEAL departments and review in the design of data collection forms, tools and processes;
- Provide training to AVSI ESA MEAL team to leverage geographic data for map production and use in geographic information systems (GIS).
University Degree in Political Sciences, Public Administration, International Affairs, Economics or a related field (anthropology, sociology, statistics);
At least 3/4 years of professional experience in humanitarian and/or development organizations in a similar position;
Previous work experience in the ESA region represents an asset.
Required skills and experiences:
- High level ability in quantitative as well as qualitative research methods;
- Significant experience in designing and maintenance of management information systems and tools (a good knowledge of ActivityInfo represents an asset);
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to effectively use different statistical packages;
- Knowledge of Humanitarian Essentials, Sphere, CHS and other international humanitarian guidelines;
- Ability to coordinate and manage a team;
- Experience in training/mentoring staff (capacity building to local staff is paramount for the position);
- Solid experience in proposal writing (ToC, log frames) and strong knowledge of PCM;
- Ability to communicate scientific data to communities, program staff, and partners in a simple and clear manner.
- Teamwork and team building skills, capacity building skills;
- Dynamic and mature personality, able to oversee multiple tasks, prioritizing and delegating as required;
- Excellent communicator. Problem solving ability. Good inter-personal and conflict resolution skills;
- Leadership and management skills; ability to build trust and enforce procedures;
- Team-player with good inter-personal skills; committed to team-building.
Please go on our website Avsi.org and apply.