CESVI FONDAZIONE sta selezionando un/a Head of Mission da inserire nella sua operatività in Palestina. Durata 6 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 20/01/2024
CESVI has been working in Palestine since 1994 with emergency and development projects that have allowed the organization to acquire solid experience in WASH and Environment sectors. In the WASH sector, CESVI has been working with projects financed by AICS, WB, UNICEF, HIF, SDC and OCHA guaranteeing the provision of basic services and improved access to water in terms of quantity and qualitative. In the waste sector, CESVI has been working with UNRWA; AICS; EU funds , especially in Refugees camps of Tulkarem, Hebron, Shufat and Gaza where it has built waste collection point, set up separate collection system and worked with the LA to strengthened the governance system.
CESVI is the only NGO in Palestine active member of the national thematic working group on SWM, held by MoLG/JICA, gathering relevant donors and aiming at improving the coordination and synergies for the sector. CESVI in Palestine combines the SW expertise with that in WASH and protection mainstreaming, ensuring that sanitation and hygiene impacts reach the most needed and vulnerable persons.
In 2023 CESVI has been implementing a mix of humanitarian and development projects in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, including wash/waste rehabilitation projects in consortium with local and international partners. The ongoing projects are funded by EU, SDC and AICS.
The new conflict between Hamas and Israel in October 2023 has created a major humanitarian crisis in OPT and CESVI is planning to scale up substantially its response in the coming months.
The collaboration will start by beginning of February 2024.
The main duty station will be the Country Office in Jerusalem with frequent field visits to all oPt and Gaza, if the security conditions allow it.
The Head of Mission will report to the Area Manager at HQ level.
– Coordination and overall supervision of Country’s programmes and procedures
- Supervising projects and giving support to the staff in reaching foreseen objectives in a timely manner, in respect of deadlines and by an efficient use of resources.
- Monitoring activities, both technical and at administrative level, in coordination with the Area Manager and according to the established timetable
- Coordination of staff to guarantee (ongoing and new) projects activities and implementation reports, submission of financial reports to donors in coordination with the Area Manager
- Supervising the administration and application of the Cesvi internal procedures for the Country
- Collaboration with the Country Administrator for the accounting and expenses verifications of the projects;
– Management of Cesvi offices, goods, documentation and procurement
- Managing procurement procedures in collaboration with Country Administrator
- Supervision of correct filing and conservation of projects’ documentation
- Supervision and coordination of potential opening of new offices (in coordination with the Area Manager and Security Manager) if necessary to guarantee operations in the country
- Supervision the monitoring of field operational offices, proceeding, in accordance with the Project Managers and Administrators, to their organization and ensuring their full operation
- Supervising administration and application of the Cesvi internal procedures for the Country
– Human Resources management
- Supervision and management of expatriate staff, in coordination with the Area Manager, including supporting them in compliance with the legal framework related to their presence in the country
- Supervision on all local human resources about the contract, ensuring compliance of operations with local employment law including NGO law, tax, employment, Health and Safety, Insurance and any other applicable law. Conduct and record periodical meeting with staff to verify activities implementation, problems and getting solutions
- Ensuring that Cesvi HR policies, terms and conditions are applied
- Organizing and supervising capacity building and development of national staff, in collaboration with the Project Managers
- Taking part in the final session of the selection for expatriate staff, when necessary
- Informing and training local staff through appropriate training courses in the principles set out in the following policies, and all other Policies or formal provisions that will be developed and shared by Cesvi: Human Resources Policy; Cesvi Staff Code of Conduct and Code of Conduct of the destination country (if any); Safeguarding Policies; Policy to Prevent Corruption and Fraud; Cesvi Ethical Code; Conflict resolution and complaints management
– Implementation of Safeguarding policies –Adult at risk/Child Safeguarding/PSEA
- Ensuring Safeguarding measures are implemented within his area of responsibility;
- Ensuring safeguarding measures are in place and staff, associates and other key stakeholders are made aware of and supported in implementing these measures;
- Ensuring Safeguarding measures are integrated with existing processes and systems (strategic planning, budgeting, recruitment, programme cycle management, performance management, procurement, partner agreements etc.);
- Follow up and address Safeguarding issues appropriately.
– Lead in the definition and development of oPT Programme strategy
- Contributing to the definition of a Country Strategy Paper in collaboration with the Area Manager
- Identifying the main intervention sectors, areas and needs in the Country in coordination with the Area Manager and in collaboration with the Project Managers
- Update of Country Strategy Paper and application of related Recommendations, in coordination with Area Manager and in collaboration with the Project Managers
- Adhering to the Country Strategic Plan
- Keep regularly informed the HQ on risks regarding the implementation of the country strategy or the need to review the strategy itself
- Develop, in coordination with the Area Manager, new programme initiatives and actively lead the current emergency operations towards a long/medium term integrated and regional programme
- Support the evaluation of the activities carried out in the country and the capitalization and dissemination of achievements and best practices within Cesvi
– Coordination and representation with stakeholders
- Management and coordination of relations with local and international partners, particularly with Alliance 2015 members
- Participating in networking meetings on behalf of Cesvi
- Promoting and organizing meeting with donors, institutions, NGOs, local government and international agencies, in close collaboration with the Project Manager.
– Writing and submitting new proposals, donors acquisition
- Monitoring of calls for proposal for OPT
- Liaising with potential donors, writing and submitting new proposals in collaboration with the Project Managers
- Donors’ relations and promotion of Cesvi’s Programmes, both through active participation to forums and workshops and through the organization of ad hoc meetings
- Develop new project proposals in the country referring to Cesvi’s sector of specialization and in strict cooperation with the country team through assessments realized both at the national level or in close countries if necessary and requested by HQ.
- Participation and supervision of the entire writing process of project proposals in close collaboration with the Project Managers, under the guidance of the Area Manager and in coordination with the PCM Advisor.
- Follow up on project proposals submitted to/being negotiated with different donors
– Act in accordance with national legislation
- Check and monitor the respect of national legislation regarding registration of Cesvi in OPT and any other legal provisions affecting NGOs’ work
- Ensure compliance to local regulations and local labour law.
– Security Management
- Guaranteeing the respect of Cesvi Security Plan and other rules and regulations on security, in close collaboration with the Security Advisor
- Having constant contact with the Area Manager and the Security Advisor to coordinate actions to be undertaken
- Timely information sharing with staff in the country
- Participating actively in security coordination mechanisms present in the Country
- Setting, in coordination with HQ and the Security Advisor, potential rules and regulations to strengthen security for Cesvi staff, means and goods
- Keep communication with key informants, in coordination with Security Advisor
– Strengthen and promote Cesvi image in the Country
- University degree or post graduate degree
- Minimum 5 or 6 years of relevant experience in NGO environment in management, administration and implementation of programs for refugees, IDPs, mix migrants
- Prior experience in Middle East – Northern African
- Extensive experience of working within a complex country programme in an emergency response or fragile state
- Experience of managing multi-donor and multi-site programmes
- Previous experience with the management of Programme based Mission
- Familiarity with the following sector: wash, waste, protection
- Experience of working in protracted crises
- Knowledge of effective financial and budgetary planning and control, review and evaluation
- Ability to produce timely project proposals and high-quality narrative reports
- Knowledge of main Donors (EU-DEVCO, Italian MFA, UN, DG Echo and others International)
- Excellent project writing and developing policies, plans, and strategies for implementation, if needed
- High level of IT skills (Office package)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Experience of building personal networks at a senior level, resulting in securing new opportunities for the organization
- Skills in developing, delivering and evaluating training for staff members
- Effective team membership integration ability
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strategic thinking and innovation
- Solid diplomatic skills: the ability to manage a variety of internal and external relationships, especially with partners.
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative, resilient and able to work independently.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively
- Highly result oriented with the ability to manage workload and stress
- Flexible and with a positive attitude
- Proven leadership and management experience with a multi-disciplinary team in a cross-cultural setting, including active mentoring and coaching
- Prior experience in Middle East
- Knowledge of Arabic
CESVI has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners.
CESVI commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
CESVI pays particular attention to safeguarding the health of all the human resources of the Organisation. Therefore, in order to protect its staff, an assessment of their suitability for the position in each mission is carried out before departure. Such assessment is done by the Occupational Doctor of the Organisation, who will also examine the vaccination coverage.