INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Rapid Response Mechanism Coordinator da inserire nella sua operatività in Ucraina. Durata 6 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 27/12/2023
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Rapid Response Mechanism Coordinator
Duty station: Dnipro, roving across INTERSOS bases
Starting date: 01/01/2024
Contract duration: 6 months
Reporting to: Head of Programme
Supervision of: RRM team
Functional Supervisor: Head of Emergency Unit
Type of duty station: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
The war in Ukraine, which started on the 24th of February, shows no signs of abating, and continues to drive increasing humanitarian needs across the country. The most recent verified figures record more than 11,000 civilian casualties since the war began, including 4,889 people killed and 6,263 injured. The real numbers are likely much higher, but already exceeds the verified 10,982 civilian casualties reported in the previous 8 years of conflict in eastern Ukraine. The number of internally displaced persons (IDPs) has now dropped from a peak of just over 8 million, however the majority (3.9 million) continue to be from the east of the country, the main focus of the current Russian offensive (IOM), with many IDPs coming from Kharkivska, Zaporiska and Dnipropetrovska Oblasts. Access concerns and humanitarian needs are particularly high in eastern Donetska and Luhanska oblasts where the conflict is intensifying and critical infrastructure damages prevent civilians from accessing basic services.
INTERSOS started working on the Ukraine crisis from the very beginning of the conflict, first through a regional response with operations in neighboring countries (Poland and Moldova) and subsequently within Ukraine (since March 2022). Today INTERSOS is present in Lvivska, Vinnytska, Poltavska, Odeska and Dnipropetrovska Oblasts with bases of operations and warehouses in Lviv, Vinnytsia, Poltava, Odesa, Kyiv and Dnipro allowing a wide geographical coverage. INTERSOS is currently implementing Health, Protection, NFIs and WASH interventions, funded by UNHCR, SV, OCHA, GFFO, AICS and ECHO encompassing several components: distribution of medicines to Regional Health Departments and shelters and equipment for clinics, Cash for Health, mobilisation of Protection mobile teams, establishment of community-based protection mechanisms, case management for CP/PWSN cases, psychosocial support (PSS), Protection Monitoring (PM), and distribution of material assistance to vulnerable individuals and households.
INTERSOS provides multi-sectoral responses to Ukraine crisis and it is looking for an RRM Coordinator to support its growing efforts in boosting its response to the most acute humanitarian needs and coordinate the RRM programme.
General purpose of the position
The Rapid Response Mechanism Coordinator is responsible to ensure that the RRM program is strategically relevant, technically sound, efficiently implemented and administered to meet INTERSOS and donors quality standards, in order to respond to the needs of the country’s most vulnerable/crisis-affected population. S(he) will coordinate the activities implemented within the RRM framework.
Also, s(he) will maintain the link with operational, technical and coordination partners (including clusters and sectorial working group) as well as with international donors, local and national authorities.
Moreover, the RRM coordinator oversees the management of the programmatic aspects regarding INTERSOS RRM programme (implementation of activities, procurement, HR, monitoring etc.).
Main responsibilities and tasks
Ensure the quality implementation of the RRM programme
- Lead RRM programme, enabling the organization to provide rapid lifesaving relief
- Actively monitor RRM activities through field visits, monitoring, and exchange of information with staff and stakeholders, to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and potential problems and take timely decisions to resolve issues for timely interventions;
- Ensure the smooth implementation of RRM activities through efficient data collection and the development/revision of appropriate tools;
- Ensure that targeted objectives are met within the deadlines;
- Following field assessments, identify and conduct appropriate advocacy to ensure the implementation of identified recommendations, including for RRM interventions and for information sharing and advocacy with clusters/working groups, to ensure follow-up of response provided by non-RRM actors, or response in sectors not covered by the RRM;
- Ensure that RRM activities are achieved efficiently at technical level, based on the HR available and with short delays;
- Coordinate with other ERRM bodies active in Ukraine
- Produce a report with the capitalization of the RRM experience and the lessons learned during the project implementation and share it with the Head of Programmes and HOM;
- Ensure regular budget monitoring and supervision in collaboration with country finance coordinator;
- Provide overall budget holding, financial management, and expenditure control for the RRM project, including compliance with internal and donor requirements.
- With the support of INTERSOS log team in the country, ensure timely and adequate procurement process for RRM activities
- With the support of INTERSOS log team in the country, monitor the delivery of supply and ensure smooth running of the project;
- Monitor the stock availability;
- With the support of HR Coordinator and HR department, ensure the capacity building of RRM staff
- Manage and Supervise the RRM project staff in the different bases and plan activities accordingly
- Monitor the evolution of the context in collaboration with HOM, Head of Programmes and security coordinator, in particular in relation to security and humanitarian alerts, to the presence of armed groups, of population displacements or return, etc.;
- Map existing shocks/alerts networks (DTM, REACH, etc.) across the country while developing, as proposed, their own complementary field monitoring network, including clear and common ToR for the related RRM Field Monitors
- Provide regular update through periodic reports shared with the HoM and Head of Programmes on the evolution of the context;
Support activities reporting:
- Monitor the project activities and propose regular update for donors and clusters;
- Ensure the visibility of RRM activities by sharing information on RRM in clusters, working group and meeting reports; on INTERSOS website and with donor
- Support HoM and Head of Programmes in the organization e donors’ visits, in the field when requested;
Required profile and experience
- Advanced university degree in international development/relations, social sciences, public administration, international law, public health, nutrition, WASH, logistic, or other related disciplines;
- A first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in planning, implementing and monitoring of emergency programs in acute humanitarian crisis
- Experience in multi-sector emergency program implementation;
- Previous experience implementing and/or coordinating an RRM is highly desirable;
- Experience in the management of EU, UN, USAID and ECHO funds.
- Proven experience in the management of staff teams.
- Remote control experience is an asset
- Risk management knowledge is an asset
- Previous working experience and knowledge of the country and region is an asset
- Ability to set high standards for quality of work
- Ability to analyze the regional dimension of the crisis
- Ability to analyze and integrate information from a wide range of sources
- Ability to administer funds, logistics and human resources
- Mastery of IT tools (MS Office package, internet, email, etc.)
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required
- Knowledge/understanding of Russian and/or Ukrainian is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to adapt to stressful environment and basic living conditions
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously
- Ability to achieve results effectively, considering the need for speed, scale and quality
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment (stress-resilient)
- Ability to integrate and work well within multiethnic and multicultural teams
- Knowledge of Ukraine context is an asset
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password and citizenship), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least three references: two line managers and one HR referent. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.