SOLETERRE – STRATEGIE DI PACE sta selezionando un/a GBV Specialist da inserire nella sua operatività in Ucraina. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Da definire Scadenza candidature 15/01/2024
General purpose of the position:
The GBV Specialist is responsible for defining and coordinating the implementation of GBV/protection strategy of the mission. This includes quality control, reporting, analysis, as well as mentoring, training and capacity strengthening of the staff and partners. The objective of this role is to provide technical guidance and advices ensuring the different activities of the programme are implemented according to internal guidelines and in line with international standards and principles.
– Contribute to the design of the protection/GBV strategy and provide technical support and assistance to the implementation of protection-related activities, in particular related to referrals, GBV prevention and response, and child protection (if relevant);
– Support project managers in the technical aspects of the implementation, ensuring cohesion and harmonization of protection activities and services across the different implementation sites within the mission;
– Provide technical support, advice and supervision to protection staff, including training to develop specialized skills in all protection-related topics identified, including the referral process; deliver trainings and workshops to non-protection staffs to build skills and knowledge of protection principles and enable them to mainstream protection in different sectors;
– Build protection capacity and provide training to national partners;
– Gather and analyse information related to available protection services;
– Ensure that protection data is collected, archived, processed, analysed and disseminated in an ethical manner, in accordance with internal data protection protocols and international standards;
– Ensure proper integration of gender, inclusion, disability and age into the protection program;
– Support the Project Managers in finalizing or ensuring protection mainstreaming, compliance with internal and international protection standards and appropriate technical language, both in the interventions and external reports;
– Undertake regular field visits to provide advice and technical supervision, and continuously monitor the progress of protection activities;
– Assess regularly protection needs and gaps of target populations in current and prospective areas of operations, periodically update the protection situation analysis and inform the programme teams accordingly; identify opportunities for new protection interventions and support assessments
and development of new project proposals;
– Measure the impact of activities and identify best practices;
– In cooperation with the relevant staff, support the development of complaints mechanisms for beneficiaries and ensure that complaints are handled appropriately, and, as required, monitor the implementation of child protection (CP) and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA)
– Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with donors, partners, project stakeholders and other relevant organizations;
– Maintain effective relationships with the Protection, GBV and CP clusters and related working groups at the national level.
Level of Education:
– University degree in social science-related fields such as political science, international relations, international development, cooperation, sociology, psychology, human rights or similar subjects.
– Fluent in English (written and spoken);
– Knowledge of Ukrainian is considered an asset.
Required Professional Experience and Skills:
– At least 3 years’ professional experience in technical protection roles in humanitarian contexts.
– Previous experience of working in complex emergency contexts;
– Demonstrated technical expertise in protection, including community-based protection, child protection, and gender-based violence;
– Good knowledge and thorough understanding of humanitarian principles and minimum protection frameworks, tools and standards;
– Proven experience in team management and supervision;
– Good communication skills, both oral and written, and demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills;
– Proficiency in IT tools (MS Office pack, internet, e-mail, etc.);
– Willingness to commit to and adhere to SOLETERRE values, mission and vision.
What we offer
Salary defined based on experience and on the typology of contract proposed.
Contract duration: to be defined depending on availability.
How to apply
Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying GBV_UKR-23 in the subject line by 15th of January.
Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Ukranians nationals are highly encouraged to apply.