FONDAZIONE TERRE DES HOMMES ITALIA sta selezionando un/a Country Delegate da inserire nella sua operatività in Libano. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 12/01/2024
Position: Country Delegate
Starting date: March 2024
Duration: 1 year with a 3-months’ probation, renewable
Duty station: Lebanon (Baabda/Beirut, with frequent field visits to North Bekaa and Mount Lebanon)
Terre des Hommes Italia (TDH IT), member of Terre des hommes International Federation, works in 21 developing countries implementing projects and activities for the benefit of more than 3 million people.
TDH IT implements relief and mid-term programmes and projects in the fields of education, primary health, protection, PSS and child rights.
Terre des Hommes Italia works in Lebanon since 2006. Since then, it has implemented several educational, protection and livelihood interventions in the most deprived areas of the country and in the Palestinian refugee camps.
Since the onset of the Syria crisis, Terre des Hommes has provided support to the Syrian refugee families fleeing their country and looking for a shelter in Lebanon, thanks to the support various donors (EU, ECHO, UNICEF, UNHCR, OCHA, Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Agenzia Italiana per la Cooperazione allo Sviluppo-AICS).
In the framework of its work in the Country, TDH It is recruiting a Country Delegate to join our team in Lebanon.
The Country Delegate has the following main responsibilities:
1. Coordination, support, and development of the Delegation
1.1 In coordination with the Desk Officer and the senior management staff, develop, revise, and update the Country Strategy and related operational plans, promoting exchange of experiences, carrying out regular field visits and contributing to identifying gaps and priorities to be included in newly developed proposals.
1.2 Review and ensure alignment of program priorities, strategies and plans to the national strategies, plans, and campaigns.
1.3 Supervise, coordinate, and provide quality support to senior management staff.
1.4 Lead the development of quality grant proposals, including financial plans, through a community-based, participatory, and inclusive approach.
1.5 Develop TDH IT Delegation in Lebanon, ensuring a clear division of tasks among its key staff and supporting the development of proper management tools.
1.6 Ensure full compliance of all staff to TDH IT policies and procedures, adherence to international standards and national laws and requirements.
1.7 Ensure key information is properly circulated between Headquarters and the field.
2. Relationship with donors, partners, and representation
2.1. Represent Terre des Hommes Italy in front of donors, national authorities, media, and partners.
2.2. Support the key staff is handling the relationship with relevant authorities and key stakeholders for matters relating to visas and security, legal representation, local and expatriate personnel.
2.3. Represent the Delegation within Coordination Bodies at national level.
2.4. Lead the process of identification, development and implementation of programs and manage all phases of negotiation with donors at country level.
2.5. Revise and approve partnership agreements and sign them.
3. Programme implementation & supervision, quality control and reporting
3.1. Ensure allocation, mobilization, and control of available resources in line with the principles of efficiency, transparency, and ethics of the organization.
3.2. In coordination with the Finance team, draft, submit to the HQ and supervise the management of the Delegation budget, including cash flow between the Delegation and the HQ and cost-sharing plan.
3.3. Be responsible for general management of Terre des Hommes bank accounts, including granting/revoking signatory powers.
3.4. Revise, in coordination with the Desk Officer and Program Managers, interim and final narrative and financial reports, ensuring full compliance with donors’ and TDH It’s rules and procedures.
3.5 Provide guidance and support to PMs on work-plans, budgets, spending, monitoring of activities and achievement of results, budget and programs/projects revisions when needed.
3.6 Support the MEAL Country Manager in the set up and supervision of programs’/projects’ MEAL plans.
3.7 Monitor progress achieved by each project, including by regular visits to project sites.
3.8 Call and coordinate regular meetings with key staff to identify bottlenecks, delays, challenges, or any other programmes-related issues and identify ways forward in coordination with the HQ when needed.
3.9 In coordination with HQ and PMs, identify new ideas, donors, programs, and new potential partnerships as well as possible alliances with INGOs and local NGOs at Country and Area level.
3.10 Identify the need for new assessments/surveys and coordinate their implementation with the MEAL Country Manager and the key staff.
4. HR management
4.1. In coordination with the HR Department, ensure transparency of recruitment, management, and appraisals of key Delegation national staff.
4.2 Support the HQ in recruitment, management, and appraisal of expatriate staff, consultants and external evaluators.
4.3 In coordination with the Finance team, plan, supervise and update HR allocation among projects/programs.
4.4 Coordinate the senior management personnel leave plan.
4.5 Supervise staff under his/her line management and support and advise them in their supervision of staff under their line management, as required and in coordination with the HR Department.
The Country Delegate is the final responsible for the safety and security of Delegation staff, in coordination with the Security Focal Point and the Desk Officer and in application of the SMP adopted by TDH IT Lebanon Delegation. This includes:
5.1. Acting as TDH Italy focal point with the Italian Embassy, donors, local authorities, and other interested parties (including UN Agencies) on key matters related to security.
5.2. In coordination with the Desk Officer and the security focal point, taking decisions on security measures to be applied and ensure proper communication flows.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Strong commitment to the aims, principles, and values of TDH IT and of humanitarian aid
- Very high sense of discretion and integrity when dealing with sensitive information
- Relevant University Degree (International Relations, Human Rights, Sociology, Middle Eastern Studies, International Cooperation etc.) or equivalent level of knowledge
- Minimum 7 years of previous professional experience with INGOs, of which at least 5 spent abroad and at least 3 in a senior position; previous experience in the Middle East is a strong asset
- Perfect acquaintance with main donors (ECHO-UN-EU- Italian Cooperation) procedures
- Sound previous proven experience in management, reporting and design of programs in the fields of Protection and/or Education and/or Child Protection
- Acquaintance with the Middle East context
- Perfect Command of spoken and written English. Working knowledge of Italian is a plus
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with diverse stakeholders and to work as part of a team
- Ability to work under stress, strong problem-solving skills
- Sound computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational and reporting skills, precision, rapidity, dependability, and ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Previous experience in developing a team, and ability to lead, motivate and develop others’ skills
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and patient when challenged by difficult and frustrating working conditions
- High degree of responsibility, of taking initiatives, of having emotional stability
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment
- Demonstrated awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity. Ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts. Capacity to make accurate self-assessment
TDH Italia has a zero-tolerance policy towards SEAH and is not willing to employ any person who has been found guilty of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment. Ethics is part of the annual performance appraisal.
Salary according to experience and TDH IT salary scale. Since the position advertised for is unaccompanied, TDH will not be responsible for providing benefits for the selected candidate’s family members.
Only applications from holders of passports allowing easy entry into the Country will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates possessing required experience and skills are invited to send an updated CV and a motivation letter including at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting in the object of the email the reference Leb 01/2024.
Applications that do not meet the above-mentioned requirements will not be considered.
The deadline for receiving applications is the 12th of January 2024. Applications received after that date will not be considered.
We apologize in advance as only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. TDH IT reserves the right to fill the position before the closing date of the published vacancy in case a suitable candidate is identified