UN PONTE PER sta selezionando un/a Project Officer da inserire nella sua operatività in Ucraina Romania. Durata 15 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 10/01/2024
Position Title: Project Officer
Place of implementation: Ukraine, Romania
Duty station: Kiev/Dnipro, with regular missions to implementation locations
Period: 15 months, with possible extension
Closing date of the vacancy: 10 January (applications on a rolling basis)
Start date (indicative): 1 February 2024
Since the large-scale invasion of Ukraine by Russian forces in February 2022, millions of people have been profoundly affected. Many people have been forced to flee the country, becoming refugees, while millions more are displaced within Ukraine. Around 17.6 million people are in need of humanitarian assistance and protection, a significant increase from the initial 3 million at the start of 2022.
Humanitarian efforts have reached nearly 16 million people, about a third of the population, providing crucial assistance. The most serious needs are concentrated in the areas adjacent to the front line and in the surrounding areas particularly affected by active hostilities. The ongoing war has disrupted access to pensions, healthcare and basic services, exacerbating pre-existing inequalities and placing marginalized groups at greater risk of exclusion, exploitation, violence and abuse.
Almost two years later, the large-scale invasion continues to have a strong impact on human lives, (many areas of the country are still occupied today) especially causing damage to critical civilian infrastructure and livelihoods, leading to evacuation mandatory for civilians from frontline communities, leading to a significant deterioration in lifestyle and resulting in high humanitarian needs.
Un Ponte Per (UPP) has been working in Ukraine since June 2022, through the support of OPM Soka Gakkai. In strong collaboration with local partners, UPP address issues that are both humanitarian and yet considered as core actions tackling social cohesion, and social recovery. Through its partners UPP supports interventions in the Kiev oblast, Kiev city, and in the areas most affected by the war such as Mikolayv, Kharkiv, Kherson.
Definition of Functions:
- Support the implementation of the project activities as envisaged in the project documents, with particular reference to the intervention budget and the activity chronogram, ensuring the proper management of UPP funds on site.
- Supervise the on-site performance of the planning, implementation and monitoring functions of the project activities, ensuring that they are compatible with UPP procedures and donor guidelines.
- Supporting the Implementing Partners (IPs) in preparing regular technical reports on project progress, administrative management and impact assessment, according to UPP tools and donor guidelines.
- In coordination with the IPs, prepare the project’s financial statements, with the support of the administration office in Rome.
- Take care of the implementation of project visibility and communication actions, liaising with the Rome communication office and donor structures in the field.
- Maintain periodic coordination contacts with the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation and develop hypotheses for the expansion/reinforcement of current project strategies.
- Work synergistically in the development of programmes and projects.
- Contribute to the formulation of new projects and the country strategy for the respective area of intervention.
UPP representation in Ukraine
- Coordination with local and national authorities to ensure humanitarian access and facilitate acceptance of the organisation.
- Participate and represent UPP in relevant working groups at regional level.
- Participate in bilateral meetings with other NGOs and NGOs active in relevant sectors and geographical areas to ensure coordination.
Structuring UPP office in Ukraine
- With the support of UPP HQ and in coordination with the Head of Administration, Finance and Logistics, ensure the development and implementation of internal procedures and the optimal functioning of the office in the country: establish/control the HR, administrative, security, logistical and financial procedures of the mission.
- With the support of UPP HQ, supervise the management of the office and/or guesthouse.
- University degree
- At least 2 years of responsibility in international cooperation projects
- Excellent knowledge of the project cycle
- Knowledge of the guidelines of the major funding agencies (MAE, EU, ECHO, UN, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Italian and English
- Excellent knowledge of IT tools (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Experience in administrative and accounting management of projects
- Previous experience in implementing projects financed by AICS (Italian Cooperation).
- Experience in the implementation of activities in the protection sector.
- Knowledge of the Ukrainian context.
- Knowledge of the Ukrainian and/or Russian language.
Un Ponte Per is an International NGO committed to diversity and inclusion within its teams, in line with the principle of non-discrimination. UPP encourages all candidates irrespective of gender, religion and ethnicity including persons with disabilities to apply and become part of the organization.
UPP upholds all the minimum standards in terms of Ethical Conduct and strives to increase its standards over the minimum. Zero tolerance is reserved to Sexual Abuse and Exploitation and to Child Abuse, Violence, Harm, Injury and Negligence. UPP participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, therefore, any candidate assures that s/he has never breached any standard in terms of SEA and Child Safeguarding and that s/he will not in the future. UPP will conduct extensive reference check and vetting on shortlisted candidates that might compromise candidates’ privacy. Shortlisted candidates shall promptly provide an up-to-date criminal background check. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
HOW TO APPLY Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV (PDF format) with the authorization to use and process data on the base of the EU Regulation 2016/679 – GDPR and a brief cover letter (PDF format) that includes the contact information for three Professional References (relevant and recent) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Project Officer – Name Surname” in the subject line of your email application and name the files attached to your application as surname_name_CV, surname_name_CL, etc.
Be informed that UPP screens prospective colleagues through anti-terrorism/anti-money-laundering/anti-corruption/anti-fraud sanctions lists before job offer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.