UN PONTE PER sta selezionando un/a Reporting officer & Grant Assistant da inserire nella sua operatività in Italia. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 10/01/2024
Position Title: Reporting Officer and Grant Assistant
Period: 12 months, with possible extension
Closing date of the vacancy: 10 January (applications on a rolling basis)
Starting date: ASAP
Context Presentation: Un Ponte Per (UPP) is a voluntary association established in 1991, right after the bombing of Iraq, promoting solidarity initiatives for those affected by the conflict. UPP collaborates with civil society organizations in Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, and Ukraine, and engages in supportive activities in Serbia and Kosovo. In Italy, UPP advocates for peace and disarmament, protection of the common good, and provides support for refugees and migrants and human rights defenders. UPP actively works to prevent new conflicts, with a specific focus on the Middle East and Europe, and to empower civil society organizations to play pivotal roles in the development of their countries and communities. This mission is carried out through various means, including humanitarian interventions, advocacy campaigns, educational programs, initiatives promoting cultural exchange, collaborative projects, and peaceful civil interventions. For more information, please visit our website: www.unponteper.it/en/.
Since 2015, UPP has emerged as a prominent INGO in the Northeast Syria (NES) response, with a primary emphasis on the health sector. Through a robust partnership with the Kurdish Red Crescent (KRC), UPP has established a comprehensive health services system operating across 22 facilities, encompassing primary healthcare centers, and rural health posts. This network serves as the cornerstone of the region’s basic healthcare system, responding to emergencies through a centralized operational desk for ambulance centers.
In alignment with its health-focused initiatives, UPP has extended its activities to include Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) in health. This expansion encompasses peer-to-peer training in WASH practices, with a specific emphasis on medical waste management and water quality monitoring. Protection mainstreaming is a cross-cutting sector, involving capacity building for local actors in Protection, including Psycho-social Support (PSS) within health programs. Additionally, since 2019, UPP’s NES Mission has introduced an Early-Recovery sector component, focusing on capacity-building for Local Authorities and civil society.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with the Programme Desk and field teams to draft, review, and finalize monthly and ad hoc reports of health projects.
- Collaborate and assist the programme Desk in the drafting of the contractual reports to the donors.
- Review donor assessments, monitoring, and reporting documents.
- Participate in organization and coordination meetings held by the Northeast Syria work teams.
- Assisting the Program Desk in developing new projects and programs for Syria.
- Assisting the Program Desk in additional tasks that are necessary and consistent with the normal management, support and expansion of the Syria program.
- Perform specific research, documentation or systematisation tasks of information, in support of the operations of the Cooperation Department.
- University Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience as a Reporting Officer
- Excellent oral and written English
- Prior field experience and exposure to international environments
- Excellent understanding of project life cycle management
- Demonstrated strong organizational and planning skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize work effectively.
- Previous experience in drafting project proposals
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive attitude, ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Familiarity with the healthcare landscape in situations of emergencies and conflict is an advantage.
- Knowledge of main institutional donors’ guidelines and requirements
- Familiarity with emergency projects and related tools
- Knowledge of the Middle East contest.
Un Ponte Per is an International NGO committed to diversity and inclusion within its teams, in line with the principle of non-discrimination. UPP encourages all candidates irrespective of gender, religion and ethnicity including persons with disabilities to apply and become part of the organization.
UPP upholds all the minimum standards in terms of Ethical Conduct and strives to increase its standards over the minimum. Zero tolerance is reserved to Sexual Abuse and Exploitation and to Child Abuse, Violence, Harm, Injury and Negligence. UPP participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, therefore, any candidate assures that s/he has never breached any standard in terms of SEA and Child Safeguarding and that s/he will not in the future. UPP will conduct extensive reference check and vetting on shortlisted candidates that might compromise candidates’ privacy. Shortlisted candidates shall promptly provide an up-to-date criminal background check. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
HOW TO APPLY Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV (PDF format) with the authorization to use and process data on the base of the EU Regulation 2016/679 – GDPR and a brief cover letter (PDF format) that includes the contact information for three Professional References (relevant and recent) to: email@example.com
Please reference “Reporting Officer – Name Surname” in the subject line of your email application and name the files attached to your application as surname_name_CV, surname_name_CL, etc.
Be informed that UPP screens prospective colleagues through anti-terrorism/anti-money-laundering/anti-corruption/anti-fraud sanctions lists before job offer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.