WEWORLD sta selezionando un/a Country Procurement & Logistics Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Palestina. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 07/01/2024
Position: Country Procurement & Logistics Manager oPt
Location: Ramallah, with frequent travels to other bases in the West Bank, East Jerusalem & Gaza (if situation allowed)
Report to: Country Representative
Starting date: ASAP
Application deadline: 07/01/2024
Family Duty Station: NO
WeWorld has been working in Palestine since 1992, operating in the field of human rights, humanitarian aid and development to guarantee Palestinian communities access to basic services and available natural resources, in particular with regard to integrated service management, the strengthening of the integrated protection of the population and the enhancement of local socio-economic development in a sustainable and innovative way, with particular attention to the social and economic empowerment of women.
WeWorld in Palestine has 5 offices (central office in Jerusalem and field offices in Gaza City, Ramallah, Hebron and Tubas). Over the decades, WeWorld has implemented several interventions funded by multiple donors: DG ECHO and the European Union, the Italian Cooperation, UN agencies as UNICEF and OCHA, as well as national agencies and donors such as SIDA, GIZ, JICA, DGD, GFFO, FCDO, AECID and others.
WeWorld’s interventions are linked to global and national strategies, including the coordination with and the contribution to the Humanitarian Response Plan of the UN. With a people-centered approach, the priorities are always identified together with the communities we serve, with a specific focus on a triple Nexus approach. The significant amount of data and analysis collected and elaborated by WeWorld in oPt inform the intervention of multiple agencies in Country. WeWorld is a member of the Global WASH Cluster and is part of all the clusters at national level: WASH (member of the Strategic Advisory Group), Education, Food Security, Shelter, Protection and Health. More recently, WeWorld has launched emergency operations and activities within Gaza to support the ongoing crisis.
Under the line management of the Country Representative, the Country Procurement & Logistics Manager will be responsible for implementation of WeWorld procurement procedures and supervision of logistics.
She/he/ They will be responsible for:
Main functions and duties:
- Responsible for effective and streamlined Supply Chain Management across WeWorld mission
- Ensure strict application and respect of WeWorld and donors procurement procedures and guidelines
- Support the Project Managers/Project Focal Points in the creation of Procurement Project Plans
- Responsible for updating the Project Procurement Plans
- Support Project Managers/Project Focal Points in implementing correct procurement procedures
- Responsible for the preparation of high level tender documentation and ensuring compliance across all tender procedures and documentation.
- Drafting & reviewing Supply, Service, Works and Framework Contracts
- Responsible for following up the contract implementation and completion to support payments
- Mainstream compliance to procurement procedures across WeWorld mission and prevent risks of fraud, collusion, and conflict of interest
- Ensure proper archiving of procurement documents and files in hard and soft copies, to ensure effective organization and compliance for audits and reviews
- Provide timely, correct and complete procurement-related documentation and data for interim and final reports & internal and external audits in coordination with Project Manager/Project Focal Points and Finance Department, according to donors’/ auditerrequests
Coordination & External Represntation
- Coordination and direct line management of the procurement and logistics team across oPt.
- Responsible for training and capacity building programs for WW staff to ensure continuous learning and good performance of role
- Coordinate with the Finance Department to ensure correct payment terms and schedules are respected for supplier payments
- Liaise with the Procurement Department at Regional and Global level
- Participate in Crisis Management Team meetings
- Responsible for adapting the Global tools to the local context under technical supervision and approval of regional and HQ Procurement Department
- Engaging with relevant stakeholders on emergency Gaza operations including context analysis and staying informed on possible Humanitarian corridors (Egypt and Jordan) and the possibilities of humanitarian shipments from abroad
- Represent WW in the Logistic Cluster and other cluster/ INGO mechanisms and provide briefings to CMT team
- Engage with other wider INGO and UN community for knowledge sharing and insights on Gaza response
Emergency Logistics Operations:
- Support the team in the Country to operationalize new field bases, warehousing and distribution activities, in particular for emergency activities in Gaza
- Ensure Gaza team has adequate access to emergency communication modalities such as E sims and emergency networks
- Work with CMT team to find durable solutions to ongoing challenges facing the team
- Support the security focal point in emergency and contingency planning effors both in the West Bank and in Gaza.
- Lead the procurement activities in Gaza and ensure compliance to donor/ WW rules and guidelines.
- Supervise the fleet management
- Develop mission fleet management SOPs, review and update them periodically
- Supervise the correct use and maintenance of the organization premises (offices and WH)
- Supervise contract follow-up premises, utilities and facilitates contracts
- Supervise and ensure the implementation of a streamlined assets/equipment management system (including coding, follow up and handover process)
- Coordinate with the Operations Unit to ensure supply chain is highly functioning and efficient.
- Support in achieving custom clearance and importing regulations for International Cargo/Freight
The duties and responsibilities set forth above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to perform additional duties.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Degrees/qualifications in logistics, trading, international relationships, law, project management, engineering
- Good knowledge of the social and economic Palestinian context and the Palestinian market
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
- Minimum 3 years of proved experience in procurement and logistics in non-profit sector, with knowledge of tender procedures, work service and supply contracts, experience in fleet and asset management
- Previous experience in NGO is an asset
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent team spirit, high ethical standards and coordination and communication skills
- Analytical and strategical thinking skills
- Excellent time management and capacity to meet the deadlines
- Flexibility and capacity to work in a complex environment
- Pro-activity and problem-solving attitude
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Details-oriented attitude
- Integrity in line with the Humanitarian Principles and ethical standards
- Strong commitment to WeWorld Mission
- Cultural, gender, religion, and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Knowledge of the Arabic language, written and verbal
- Proven experience in project proposal writing
- Experience in Project management with local partners will be a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
Type of contract: a 3 (three) month collaboration contract renewable subject to verification of the achievement of specific objectives (these objectives will be agreed together with the Country Representative upon arrival on assignment); a second collaboration contract of 9 (nine) months renewable, following the positive evaluation of the first contract
Economic conditions to be defined according to WeWorld Expatriates Compensation Policy: Base Salary (seniority/role held) + Contributions (role complex and hardship based on place of work; schooling, flights for children and insurance coverage for children)
Other conditions: Tax Treatment: equal tax treatment between Italian and foreign residents is guaranteed
Annual leave: 2,5 days/month (working days)
Flight ticket: one return flight every 12 months of contract
Health insurance: covered
How to apply:
Please send Cover Letter and CV at the link.
The recruitment process may be closed early if a suitable candidate is found. Due to the large number of applications, we apologise in advance and will only respond to those profiles deemed suitable for the role.
WHO WE ARE
WeWorld supports people in overcoming emergencies, and it strives to guarantee that everyone can have a decent and dignified life as well as opportunities and a better future. WeWorld works in 27 countries around the world, including in Italy, with more than 120 emergency, humanitarian aid and development projects. Its activities mainly involve women, girls and young people, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world.
The organization operates in several natural and man-made crisis in various regions of the world. The emergency response, coordinated by the Humanitarian Aid Unit, is composed by multi-sectorial interventions comprising of WASH, EiE, CVA, Food Security, Protection, and others. The organization operates also in protracted crisis with provision of humanitarian aid through a prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation approach.