Concord Europe sta selezionando un/a Office Coordinator per la sua sede centrale di Bruxelles. Durata Tempo indeterminato. Scadenza candidatura 18/02/2024
CONCORD is seeking a highly motivated and versatile Office Coordinator who enjoys human resources and operations and is looking for an opportunity to coordinate and contribute to a wide range of day-to-day office activities in a busy Secretariat. The role will straddle all aspects of office management, including human resources administration, events planning and procurement, to ensure colleagues are well looked after and that we continuously adapt to the changing world of work.
CONCORD is the European Confederation of Relief and Development NGOs. We are made up of member organisations: 26 National Platforms, 24 International Networks and 7 Associate Members which together represent over 2,600 NGOs, supported by millions of citizens across Europe. We are the main interlocutor with the EU institutions on international cooperation and sustainable development policy, funding and practice. You will join a team of engaged professionals who are committed to accelerating transformation towards a more equal and sustainable society.
CONCORD is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. All employment decisions are made entirely on merit.
The Office Coordinator position is a multifaceted role involving a variety of operational and office management duties that are all key to the smooth running of our busy Secretariat. By working closely with our Head of Human Resources, you will give crucial support to our team of over 20 colleagues with day-to-day office activities, procurement, events logistics and with the coordination of their benefits, onboarding and recruitment processes.
Key areas of responsibility
- Assists with HR administration as required, compiling monthly payroll data, liaising with our social secretariat to prepare contracts and benefit packages in compliance with Belgian regulations; monitoring colleagues leave plans and sick days, preparing timesheets, maintaining training logs, coordinating employee benefits, and filing personnel records and correspondence
- Provides logistical and administrative support for entering and exiting staff
- Keeps up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices and helps with their effective implementation
- Ensures the logistics of CONCORD meetings and events including launch events, Board meetings, workstream meetings and the annual General Assembly
- Liaises with and seeks new, reliable suppliers and service providers (caterers, venues, interpreters, translators, proofreaders,…)
- Supports the smooth running of the office by contributing to day-to-day office activities (Office supplies, staff meeting calendar, desk booking system, inventories….)
- Contributes to all aspects of office space/infrastructure planning (e.g. liaising with the building management, office layout, changes to workstations etc.)
- Monitors CONCORD’s compliance with EC procurement requirements (oversees calls for consultants in line with EC procurement rules, ensures these rules are understood and implemented by colleagues, verifies that contracts and justification notes are correctly filed digitally and in hard copy with original signatures)
- Supports the Director and Finance Team with other administrative tasks as required.
The successful candidate will understand and be committed to CONCORD’s vision and goals in addition to the following:
- Academic background or professional experience in Organisational Development, Office Management, Business Administration, Human Resources Management or in other relevant field
- At least 3 years of professional experience (excluding student internships and traineeships) taking care of operations in an office;
- Experience of organising events and coordinating office activities is crucial
- Experience in working in an NGO, whether in Europe or elsewhere would be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and collegial approach
- Strong planning, organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Team player; proactive; self-starter
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to generate practical solutions and logical procedures
- Ability to relate to other workers from diverse backgrounds with different needs
- Tactful and effective negotiation skills
- Fluent in French and English (the two working languages of the office)
- Computer literate, including management of database, G-Suite tools and MS Office suite
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Duration of Contract: 80% permanent position (“CDI”)
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Gross salary: from €2,990 per month, depending on experience and based on the gross full time salary of €3738,37 as per 10/0 level 3 on our salary grid.
Other benefits: holiday allowance; ‘thirteenth month’; hospitalisation insurance; affiliation to pension scheme; meal vouchers, a teleworking allowance and a monthly commuting allowance on local public transport or by bicycle for the period.
The position reports to our Head of Human Resources.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested, please upload your CV (max. 2 pages, no photo) and a 1-page cover letter explaining your motivation and fit for the role in the portal below. The CV and cover letter must be submitted as one document stating the name of the role and your name in the title. Only applications and CVs written in English will be accepted.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 18 February 2024 at midnight (CET). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. First round interviews will take place during the week of 26 February 2024 . The ideal start date is 1 April 2024.
You should have a valid work permit to work in Belgium. There is no possibility for visa sponsorship.