HELPCODE ITALIA sta selezionando un/a Junior Project Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Ucraina. Durata 15 mesi. Tipo contratto: Da definire Scadenza candidature 15/02/2024
HELPCODE is looking for a young, professional and creative person to manage an Education and Protection Emergency project in Ukraine, funded by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS).
Professional profile: Project Manager (Junior)
Department: Project Unit
Location: Dnipro and Kyiv
Duration of contract: 15 months
Starting date: 1st March 2024
Objective: The Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the project objectives are achieved in line with the contract and with Helpcode and Donor procedures.
S/he will contribute to the development of the Organization’s presence in the project area and will keep the relation with local stakeholders and Donor’s representatives.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Ensures an effective planning and implementation of the project as well as timely delivery of services in line with the targets set in the project description.
- Guarantees an efficient financial management for the project, in compliance with Helpcode model and donor regulations
- Conducts regular meetings with the project staff and support them (as needed) to follow up on project implementation including revision of targets against achievements, identification of gaps in the response in order to define needed adjustments in the implementation
- Ensure an effective collaboration with the international and local partners of the project
- Ensure the relationship with the different actors of the project (Donor, Local Authorities…)
- Overlook at the activities implemented by the project partners
Team Management & Human Resources Management
- Ensures project team management and coordination
- Ensures regular performance evaluation of project staff (national and international and apical staff from the local partners, as needed) in line with internal regulations.
- Ensures timely recruitment of national staff, in coordination with relevant support staff, as per Helpcode policy for staff recruitment.
- Ensures respect of and adherence to Helpcode rules and regulations, code of conduct and PSEA.
- Ensures and proposing capacity-building opportunities for national staff, keeping clear oversight and reporting on trainings attended and conducted by national staff.
Financial Management and procurement
- Prepares and ensures regular update of financial plan,
- Verifies and approves purchase, in line with the budget and the financial and procurement plan.
- Verifies on a weekly basis the bookkeeping entries in the Helpcode accounting spreadsheets; verifies budget line allocations, budget expenditure status against actual delivery and the financial plan for the project implementation period.
- Ensures purchases of goods, services, supplies are in line with the relevant Helpcode procurement guidelines and procurement plan
- Verifies the list of expenditures, prior to finalizing the interim and final financial reports.
- Holds final responsibility for verification of all support documents.
Monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Delivers timely quality reporting on project activities (Monthly, Mid-Year, final report), including findings in terms of impact on individual and communities.
- Provides monthly updates to the Country Representative and Desk Officer about project progress including achievements vs targets using Helpcode and donors’ monitoring tools
- Prepares and implements a Monitoring and Evaluation plan
Project Strategy, reporting and planning
- Contributes to the formulation of new projects as well as of the program strategy for the respective area of intervention
- Ensures a comprehensive vision of the intervention strengthening the synergies with other projects implemented in the area.
- Collaborates with the Country Representative, the other Project Manager and the Technical Teams in order to integrate the different intervention in the same long term strategy.
Program Development for Ukraine and neighbouring countries affected by the crisis
- In collaboration with the Program department in HQ and the Country Representative, support the development of the Helpcode Strategy related to the Ukrainian crisis (including neighbouring countries)
- Assess emerging needs in line with Helpcode strategy and develop project proposals to be submitted to donors
- Establishes and manages relations pertaining to project activities, with relevant stakeholders, local authorities, relevant donors and institutions. (donor, partner organizations, other stakeholders)
- Proactively participates and represents Helpcode in relevant working groups at the regional level
- Proactively engages in bi-lateral meetings with other INGOs and NGOs active in relevant sectors and geographical areas to avoid duplication, ensure coordination and referral and work for complementary efforts.
- Ensures systematic information and update sharing with the Director of Programmes in HQ and relevant colleagues.
- At least 2 years of relevant field experience in humanitarian, early recovery or development programs;
- Previous experience in the country or in a similar region in terms of culture and social context;
- Excellent communication, reporting and writing skills;
- Project cycle management and preparation of narrative and financial reports
- Ability to solve problems independently with innovative and creative approaches
- Ability to plan and implement strategies
- Skills and aptitude for staff training
- Good command of English and Italian
- Experience in protection sector will be considered as an asset
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, accompanied by 2 references and a cover letter by 15th February 2024 indicating the reference PMUKRJUN2024
Interview will start before the vacancy deadline.
Please note that only pre-selected candidates will receive a response
We believe in change.
A change that pushes us to do better and better, to reach new goals.
We support growth.
The growth of each child in a healthy family, in a safe school and in a serene and reliable community.
We invest in the future.
A future to which we look with concrete actions, aimed at giving lasting results in the field of children’s rights, starting from today.
We are Helpcode. We do what we say and say what we do; because living a childhood is the right of every child.
HELPCODE is an international solidarity organization, active since 1988 in Tunisia, Libya, Burkina Faso, Mozambique , DRC Congo, Yemen, Nepal, Cambodia, Slovakia and Ukraine working in health, education, protection, WASH