INTERSOS ORGANIZZAZIONE UMANITARIA sta selezionando un/a Logista da inserire nella sua operatività in Italia. Durata 3 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 31/01/2024
Base Logistics and Supply Officer – Palermo
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Base Logistics and Supply Officer
Duty station: Palermo
Starting date: 25/01/2023
Contract duration: 3 months, renewable
Reporting to: Project Manager
Dependents: Non-family duty station
Benefit: Shared guesthouse
General context of the project
INTERSOS has been active in Italy since 2011 with protection, socio-health care and promotion of socio-economic inclusion projects, supporting people in conditions of extreme vulnerability, including unaccompanied foreign minors (MSNA), survivors of gender-based violence (GBV), sexual and labor exploitation. Interventions are currently ongoing in Sicily, Puglia, Lazio and Piedmont.
In Palermo, INTERSOS has been operational since June 2023 with the Accùra Community Care Clinic and a Mobile Medical Unit within the Reach-Out project, co-funded by the European Commission and also active in Malta and Greece. Through the Mobile Medical Unit, the project intends to contribute concretely to ensuring integrated health care for marginalized and “hard-to-reach” people (disadvantaged groups, third-country nationals, seasonal workers, homeless people, people with substance use addiction, trans and sex workers) and, at the same time, to the fight against the diseases of HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and sexually transmitted diseases, through the provision of direct services and dissemination of accessible information on prevention, treatment and care.
The overall goal of the project is to increase health response and community awareness of access to basic health and social services, and at the same time, through institutional advocacy action and by implementing a network of referral pathways, to foster better and more inclusive approaches by health authorities to respond to the health needs of people in need.
General purpose of the position
Carry out all logistics tasks related to project’s activities, according to INTERSOS standards and protocols. Assess, plan, oversight and manage logistics and supply operations to ensure smooth implementation of project activities.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Procurement and Supply Management
- Assess, plan and coordinate the logistics needs, defining the level of priority according to project goals and deadlines;
- Carry out project supply and purchases (Direct Purchase, RFQ, Tender) for goods and services according to INTERSOS and donor requirements;Follow the defined procurement plan and coordinate the local purchases with project staff;
- Follow up on the payments of all suppliers and collect all the necessary supporting documents from them i.e. receipts and delivery notes;
- Ensure that all procurements are completed on IMP (Intersos Management Platform –
- IMP) and all necessary documents are uploaded and properly archived in the finance department;
- Facilitate negotiation with local purchasers and maintain good relationships with
Facilities and Communications Management
- Ensure the identification, set-up, contracting, inspecting and maintenance of functional office space(s) and guesthouse facilities according to project needs, with adequate living conditions and in accordance with INTERSOS minimum standards, safety and security measures, to guarantee deployment and activities of staff.
- Ensure that facilities have an appropriate IT, Communications infrastructure and equipment in line with INTERSOS policies and Procedures
- Plan staff movements, purchase tickets for transportation and reserve accommodation for project staff, according to implementation activities, locations and indications by the line manager.
- Plan weekly mobile unit movements across project locations according to project plans and activities;
- Ensure that INTERSOS Fleet Management model, movement security protocols, and Brand Identity Manual are applied, the fleet is checked, regularly maintained, and that vehicles have proper documentation (i.e. lease, insurance, mechanical inspection,etc)
- Execute the purchase, use, and maintenance of IT assets, office and project equipment,and communication tools, while ensuring that all assets registered in IMP are documented, issued with unique INTERSOS asset numbers, tagged, and logged according to asset management policies and procedures.
- Oversee regular fixed assets check quarterly
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/lavora-con-noi-italia/#intersosorg-vacancies-italy/vacancy-details/659d4e21efebc40027b6910e/
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.