SAVE THE CHILDREN ITALIA ETS sta selezionando un/a Adolescent and Youth Empowerment Technical Advisor da inserire nella sua operatività in Italia. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 31/01/2024
The role of Adolescent and Youth (A&Y) Empowerment Advisor contributes to SC Italy Programme Quality Innovation and Impact strategy and ensures that interventions falling under the A&Y empowerment theme are designed and implemented with high quality thematic inputs, aligned with SCI standards and methodologies.
In collaboration within PQII (other TAs and MEAL), Portfolio, Advocacy and Policy, Institutional Partnership and Business Development, the Senior TA will contribute to SC Italy strategic objectives, under the supervision of the Thematic and Innovation Lead.
- Proposal development and project ideas: Provide technical guidance and/or support on specific sub-themes in proposal development and new project ideas design, ensuring that programmatic innovation is captured if needed and relevant;
- Project implementation: Provide technical guidance and/or support to COs on projects implemented in SC Italy portfolio, with strong innovation components or identified as having strong strategic relevance;
- Engagement: Provide technical support to engagement work, and for fundraising and communication materials’ development;
- Coordination and synergy: Ensure strong synergy and coordination with all SC Italy relevant teams and/or SC global technical community (including TLGs, TWGs and COPs) as needed;
- Global technical contributions: Provide technical contributions to relevant Global TWGs and CoPs in SC or in external fora ;
- Capacity strengthening: Ensure coordination with relevant Global TWGs and CoPs in SC in delivering capacity building, based on needs identified jointly with COs and ROs teams.
Proposal development and project ideas + Project implementation
- At least 2 project proposals and ideas supported in a leading technical role ensuring innovation as feasible
- At least 4 projects’ implementation supported with technical inputs and advise
- At least 2 engagement processes supported with technical inputs
Coordination and synergy:
- Participation to identified meetings of relevant technical working groups
- Regular updates on Adolescent and Youth ongoing global work provided to relevant colleagues within SC Italy as needed
Global technical contributions
- Inputs provided to relevant working documents produced by technical groups at global level, as needed
- At least 2 field visits in support of the above-listed responsibilities, approved by the Thematic and Innovation Lead
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Rural development, Food security, Economics, Youth development or other relevant studies
- At least 5 years of progressive working experience in development /humanitarian aid, in a similar role.
- Extensive experience in Adolescents and youth economic empowerment programming
- Thorough knowledge of project cycle management
- Fluent in Italian and English; Spanish and/or French desirable
- Able to work effectively with others towards the achievement of common objectives
- Capacity to engage with senior international staff on development and humanitarian issues
- Capacity to relate to a different range of internal and external stakeholders
- Flexible and adaptable to changing context
- Pragmatic/solutions oriented/problem solver yet having strong analytical skills
- Commitment to Save the Children values