SOLETERRE – STRATEGIE DI PACE ONLUS sta selezionando un/a Health Specialist da inserire nella sua operatività in Ucraina. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Da definire Scadenza candidature 29/02/2024
HEALTH SPECIALIST – ONLY EU CITIZENS
The general objective of the position:
In close cooperation with the Head of Mission, the Health Specialist is in charge of defining and implementing the Health Mission Sector strategy; it is responsible to coordinate all medical activities and resources in the mission, respecting international and national protocols, in order to ensure the provision of quality medical care to the target population.
The Health Specialist is in charge of the coordination between the hospital actors involved on the Ukrainian and Italian front and the conduct of activities within and with Ukrainian hospitals, with an operational role in the development of technical activities.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
– Responsible for defining, implementing and updating the national strategy of the Soleterre health sector;
– Responsible for the adequacy and quality of health interventions;
– Responsible for the supervision and monitoring of medical-technical aspects, humanitarian needs and, in coordination with Logistics, the material aspects of the programmes through regular field visits, analysing the difficulties during implementation and reporting difficulties as they appear, in order to proactively provide the necessary solutions and achieve operational results;
– Continuously monitor health and humanitarian needs in the country, including new areas of intervention, through exploratory missions;
– Monitor and review project proposals;
– In collaboration with the Health Program Manager, acting as an intermediary between the interests of Ukrainian hospitals and Italian hospitals, provide technical support and assistance for the implementation of rehabilitation activities through appropriate tools and methodologies in order to support in identifying the best strategies and optimize the implementation of activities;
– Periodically visit project activities (Kyiv, Lviv, Dnipro, Italy if necessary) in order to collect the needs, harmonize the interventions between the target locations and verify the proper performance of the activities;
– Support Italian and Ukrainian hospitals in the development and revision of standard operating procedures and/or protocols for the physical rehabilitation of mine victims.;
– Ensure constant and profitable strategic coordination with the various actors of the project (Italian and Ukrainian hospital departments, health managers, medical-health staff, project staff), maintaining constant communication (sharing documents, updates, tools) ensuring that the communication flows within the project’s operational team and between the levels in the field and
in Italy are continuous, timely, accurate and collaborative and that the required information on project progress is immediately available;
– If possible, participate, together with the Health Program Manager, in meetings and moments of exchange of information with agencies, public institutions and donors in the areas of interest of the program;
– Organize and implement moments of sharing lessons learned at the end of the project, with the possibility of participating in a national conference within the aim of the project.
– Develop position papers on Soleterre’s interventions in the field of psycho-physical rehabilitation in line with culture and context;
– Prepare and/or support in the preparation of complete and accurate quarterly, interim (annual) and final reports according to donor requirements. If necessary, create additional periodic reports that can be used both internally and externally and aid in the preparation of change requests;
– Report any problem conditions detected on the ground to the Head of Mission, either through regular reports or update meetings;
– Represent SOLETERRE to local health authorities and ensure a constant presence and active participation in health coordination forums (cluster meetings, other technical coordination meetings) and maintain regular contacts with other counterparts of the mission (NGOs, local organizations, donors, authorities) in order to broaden the analysis of the medical-health situation in the country, strengthening the impact of humanitarian intervention.
Degree in Health area with preference for the degree in Medicine and Surgery (areas of rehabilitation, orthopedics, public health); specializations or other educational experiences (postgraduate courses/ specialization/ master/ doctorate) in the field of public health, International relations, development cooperation and the like is considered an asset.
Excellent knowledge of English written and spoken (mandatory).
Knowledge of the and Italian and Ukrainian languages are considered assets.
Required skills and professional experience:
– Good knowledge of the topics related to physical rehabilitation, strengthening of the health system, management of activities in the health sector, implementation of training activities for medical staff;
– Previous experience in complex emergency contexts is considered an asset; a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in similar roles is necessary.
– Proficient in project cycle management, need assessment, and monitoring tools;
– Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office package;
– Strong interpersonal skills even in situations of high stress;
– Proactive attitude and ability to work in a team in a multicultural environment;
– Excellent organizational, supervisory, and coordination skills;
– Experience in reporting and monitoring on time;
– The willingness to adhere to SOLETERRE’s values, mission, and vision.
What we offer:
– Compensation commensurate with experience and the proposed contractual form
– Contract duration will be determined based on availability.
– Accommodation, health insurance and R&R during the working period
How to apply:
Send your CV and a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the subject HEALTH_UKR-23 by 29.02.2024.
Applications will be evaluated according to arrival until the position is filled.
The interview will only be conducted with pre-selected candidates only.
The selection shall respect the principle of equal opportunities (L. 903/77).