TriM – TRANSLATE INTO MEANING sta selezionando un/a Community Based Observation Network (CBON) Coordinator da inserire nella sua operatività. Durata: 12 mesi Tipo contratto: Altro. Scadenza candidature 29/02/2024
Duty station: Ideally Torino (Italy) or remote, with one mission per year in Senegal
Job schedule: Full time
Education and Work Experience: Master’s Degree – 2 years experience
Required Languages: English and French
TriM (trimweb.it) is seeking a passionate and dedicated individual to fill the role of CBON Coordinator. This position plays a crucial role in the establishment, implementation, and continuous functioning of the Community Based Observation Network CBON in Senegal, with the potential to contribute to expanding this initiative to other geographical areas.
TriM – TRANSLATE INTO MEANING
TriM is a private small company based in Turin (Italy) dedicated to enhancing data-driven decision-making across various sectors where the availability of climate data and the ability in using and interpreting them is crucial for preventing, preparing, mitigating, and strategically planning for success. From Disaster Risk Reduction, Food Security, Health Prevention, Child Protection and Natural Resource Management, our methodology and tools empower the capacity to analyse the past, identify weather-related scenarios, and strategically plan future actions. This process incorporates a synthesis of scientific, local, and traditional knowledge. Our team has extensive knowledge and experience in transforming raw data into meaningful information, tailored to meet the distinct needs of diverse beneficiaries categories.
THE COMMUNITY BASED OBSERVATION NETWORK (CBON)
The CBON (www.cbon.trimweb.it) is a TriM program revolutionizing weather monitoring for climate-vulnerable communities. By digitizing manual weather stations and human observations, CBON creates an innovative digital network, merging scientific data with traditional knowledge. This significantly enhances early warning systems, providing real-time, geo-localized information to empower communities in climate-informed decision-making.
‘Utilizing High Technology to Address Malnutrition: Strengthening the Management of Nutritional Resources at the Community Level Post SARS-CoV-2 Emergency – Loul Sessène, Senegal’, TriM, in collaboration with project leader Nutriaid and Università di Torino, is set to establish and implement the CBON in Loul Sessène. This initiative aims to continuously monitor weather data together with key parameters such as water, crop production, and food availability. The synergy of community engagement, traditional knowledge, and the advanced technology provided by 3Map Information Management System (www.3map.io) facilitates the creation of a valuable historical record of climate, impacts, and actions. This collective memory empowers communities to actively
remember and learn from past weather-related events, therefore supporting effective decision-making processes.
THE CBON COORDINATOR
The CBON Coordinator plays a crucial role in the effective establishment and implementation of the CBON in the target areas. The job is ideally based in Torino (Italy) or remote and includes three missions (one per year) in Senegal. Responsibilities encompass coordination with project staff and partners, reporting, training community members, assessing data collection needs, and ensuring the successful implementation, functioning, and utilization of disseminated information by the CBON.
Main duties and responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of TriM’s Chief Scientific Officer and R&D Development Director and in collaboration with the project partners, the CBON Coordinator is responsible for the correct establishment, implementation and continuous functioning of the CBON in Senegal. Additionally he/she will develop new ideas to support TriM and partners in strengthening CBON and its effective use at community and institutional level in other areas (Kenya, Ethiopia, Malawi). Specific duties of the CBON Coordinator are:
● Coordinate activities for CBON establishment in target areas
● Guide partners in selecting community observers, mapping communities, and installing manual weather stations
● Provide on-field training to community observers on weather data measurement using 3Map
● Train community observers and partners on people-centered early warning systems, integrating indigenous knowledge and science
● Develop project documents supporting CBON implementation
● Organize and facilitate online and hybrid meetings, training, and workshops
● Support documentation of activities and report writing
● Contribute to assessing CBON strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and its utilization at community and institutional level
● Enhance CBON visibility and present it to potential partners for expansion
● Support the development of new project proposals related to CBON
● Provide ideas to improve CBON and related digital platforms
● Enhance usability and understandability of climate data analysis for non-technical users
● Design and develop tools for training and community engagement
The ideal candidate should fit the following requirements: Education
● Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent) in Environmental Sciences, Data Science, Agriculture, Rural Development, Cooperation and Development, Social Sciences, or Political Sciences.
● At least 2 years experience working in Cooperation and Development projects and/or in collaboration with NGOs
● At least 3 years experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
● At least 1 year experience working in challenging environments
● Experience in working with data collection and analysis to support decision making
● Experience in working with climate data and their use at community level is a plus
● Demonstrated ability to prepare concept notes and proposals
● Excellent written and spoken knowledge of French and English
● Demonstrated ability to work independently with a commitment to achieving concrete results and excellence
● Highly motivated with a proven ability to plan, organize, prioritize ensuring efficient workflow and attention to details even under tight deadlines
● Strong ability to think differently and solve complex problems by proposing new ideas and strategies
● Readiness to learn quickly and adapt to new, stimulating environments
● Possesses cultural awareness and flexibility to work effectively in diverse contexts and on various topics
● A team player who values collaboration and contributes positively to group dynamics and success
● Strong command of the Microsoft package, including proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
● Experienced in working with databases, demonstrating the ability to efficiently organize and manage data.
● Proficient in utilizing mobile applications for data collection, ensuring accurate and efficient information gathering
● Experienced in using web-based platforms for data management and analysis
WHAT WE OFFER
A dynamic and passionate team where your innovative ideas contribute positively to improving people’s lives.
● The opportunity to travel and engage in field missions, primarily in African countries
● Optionally, the possibility to work flexibly as a consultant, providing a work arrangement that suits your preferences
For more information, please visit www.trimweb.it
If you are interested, write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org