WEWORLD sta selezionando un/a Project Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Ucraina. Durata 9 mesi. Tipo contratto: Co.co.co. Scadenza candidature 21/01/2024
Position: Project Manager Ukraine
Location: Kyiv, with frequent travels to the field
Application deadline: 21/01/2024
Starting date: ASAP
Family duty station: NO
Since the beginning of the conflict in Ukraine, around 17 million people are in need of humanitarian assistance and protection throughout Ukraine. WeWorld works alongside those who, despite the conflict, have decided to stay, those who have returned after having abandoned their homes under the attacks, displaced from the eastern part of the country and refugees in Moldova.
The main sectors of intervention are WASH, Shelter/NFI, Child Protection, and sectorial CASH assistance (Cash for Shelter, CASH for Health and CASH for Protection) for conflict affected population in newly liberated areas ; psycho-social support activities are carried out mainly to women and children through mobile units and setting up child friendly spaces; distribution of non-food items has been provided for the most vulnerable population in the rural areas in the east and south of the country. Moreover, WeWord is supporting rural communities through the rehabilitation of Health and WASH facilities.
Currently the humanitarian operations of WeWorld are conducted in the Oblasts of Kharkiv, Kherson, Mykolaiv, Odessa and Kyiv. The country office is set down in Kyiv and field offices in Kharkiv, Lviv and soon in Mykolaiv.
Purpose of the Role
The Project Manager will be in charge of the overall management of one or more projects implemented in Ukraine, if the security situation will allow. He/she will ensure the quality of the implementation in all its phases: planning, activities follow-up, monitoring and reporting, in coordination with the field teams and local partner and in collaboration with the admin departments. The Project Manager will be under the direct line management of the Program Manager. In coordination with him, he/she will represent the NGO in relevant meetings related to the projects under his/her management.
Main functions and duties
Project Management (60 %)
- Leading, monitoring and supporting the planning of project’s activities, ensuring effective delivery in line with donor requirements and WeWorld mission
- Coordinating with Program manager for the implementation of activities in the area of intervention
- Preparing project planning, worksheets and activities follow-up mechanisms (general/specific activity plan, procurement plan, M&E plan, etc.)
- Supervising the field staff to comply with planning documents and putting corrective mechanisms in place if necessary
- Preparing internal and external reports to ensure effective and timely information flows and reporting
- Ensuring timely information on progress, results and challenges
- Compiling, organizing, analysing, monitoring, and preparing data for situation reports, fact sheets, donor reports, briefing notes, and other reporting products
- Undertaking field visits (depending on security conditions and security clearance) to gather the information on results related to the field activities
- Ensuring efficient, effective and timely field data collection and analysis for donors, audits, and internal purposes
- Ensuring good coordination and communication between the project coordinator(s) and the Finance/Accounting, Logistics/Procurement, Human Resources, Communication in the Country and/or in HQ
- Ensuring the coordination with local partners in the Country of intervention and with partners of the consortium at global level
- Actively participating to promote a harmonised approach and methodologies between the different projects, supporting the development of specific tools, trainings and workshops to share experiences and good practices
- Ensure the accountability of the projects implementation and the set up of Feedback and Complain mechanism for each activity according to Donors and WeWorld standard
Project staff Capacity Building and General (10%)
- Recruiting and training new key team members
- Identifying learning and training opportunities for project staff and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff
- Ensuring transparent, equal and inclusive management of human resources in accordance with internal policies and procedures, and all regulatory requirements of country legislation and donor’s policy
- Fostering an inclusive and diverse work environment, and ensuring that the highest standards of conduct are observed
Partnership and Networking (20%)
- Participating in Cluster/Working Groups meetings and other coordination meetings as required
- Representing WeWorld and feed back to the Country Representative, Program Director and HQ coordinators on relevant issues
- Developing and maintaining regular, transparent and accountable communication flows with the assigned project staff, HQ experts, as well as other relevant stakeholders (e.g. beneficiaries, community leaders, local and national government officials, UN agencies and other NGOs)
- In coordination with the Country Representative, providing effective WeWorld representation to projects’ donors, national and local authorities, partners and other relevant stakeholders related with the projects in the country
- Supporting donor relations by contributing to the production of various communication products for donors and accompanying donors during the field visits (depending on security conditions and security clearance)
- Ensuring the visibility of WeWorld and Donors
Strategic Programme Development (10%)
- Developing new project proposals in collaboration with the Country Representative, Program Manager and HQ coordinators, involving a multisectoral approach, expanding the intervention of WeWorld in new sectors
- Providing strategic and technical guidance on key components of WeWorld’s engagement in Ukraine to foster good practices and ensure that humanitarian minimum standards are met
The duties and responsibilities mentioned above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to perform additional duties.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- An advanced University degree or equivalent in the field of Law and International Law, Social or Political Science, Development Studies, International Relations
- Knowledge of main donors’ policies and procedures
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Ukrainian and/or Russian will be considered as an asset
- Good computer skills, in particular MS Office package
At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in humanitarian and/or development settings
At least 2 years of international work professional experience as a Project Manager
Proven experience in project proposal writing
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal relationships and demonstrated ability to leverage business networks and partnerships for continued growth
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Capacity to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually and to translate these into concrete results
- Ability to identify, initiate and maintain good relationships with partner organizations, donors and national authorities including building professional relationships with senior decision-makers and influencers/leaders
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage effectively multiple tasks while fostering quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with colleagues
- Integrity in line with Humanitarian Principles and ethical standards
- Strong commitment to WeWorld Mission
- Cultural, gender, religion, and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Experience in Project management with local partners will be a plus
- Previous work experience in Eastern Europe
- Previous experience in WASH and Protection will be considered a plus
- Previous experience in emergency and war context will be a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
Type of contract: 3(three) months contract subject to verification (achievement of specific objectives); a second collaboration contract of 6 (six) months renewable, following the positive evaluation of the first period of collaboration
Economic conditions to be defined according to WeWorld Expatriates Compensation Policy: Base Salary (seniority/role held) + Contributions (role complex and hardship based on place of work;)
Other conditions: Tax Treatment: equal tax treatment between Italian and foreign residents is guaranteed
Accomodation: housing provided in shared accommodation
Annual leave: 2,5 days/month (working days)
Flight ticket: one return flight every 12 months of contract
Health insurance: covered
R&R Policy: 5 days every 8 weeks, up to 500 euro of travel reimbursement and 500 Euros of perdiem
How to apply:
Please send Cover Letter and CV at the link.
The recruitment process may be closed early if a suitable candidate is found. Due to the large number of applications, we apologise in advance and will only respond to those profiles deemed suitable for the role.
WHO WE ARE
We support people in overcoming emergencies and we strive to guarantee that everyone can have a decent and dignified life as well as opportunities and a better future. We work in 27 countries around the world, including in Italy, with more than 165 emergency, humanitarian aid and development projects. Our activities mainly involve women, girls and young people, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world.
We operate in several natural and man-made crisis in various regions of the world. The emergency response, coordinated by the Humanitarian Aid Unit, is composed by multi-sectorial interventions comprising of WASH, EiE, CVA, Food Security, Protection, and others. We operate also in protracted crisis with provision of humanitarian aid through a prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation approach.
In the last 4 years we have strengthened the regions and the countries where we have been working, we have created new programs, developed new quality and compliance systems and now we need new people who want to join us to build the world we want in the coming years.