INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Data Analyst- HQ da inserire nella sua operatività in Italia. Durata 12 mesi. Tipo contratto: Tempo det. Scadenza candidature 22/09/2023
Data Analyst- HQ
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Data Analyst
Duty station: Rome – HQ
Starting date: 01/10/2023
Contract duration: 12 months (renewable)
Reporting to: Director of Finance
Supervision of: //
Dependents: non-family duty station
General context of the project
INTERSOS is a humanitarian organization founded in 1992, working on the frontlines of crises. In its countries of operation, INTERSOS intervenes to assist the most vulnerable populations affected by conflicts, extreme exclusion, and natural and manmade disasters in challenging and hard-to-reach areas, where the humanitarian needs continue to be the greatest and where the humanitarian presence is often weak. In such contexts, INTERSOS focuses on providing forcibly displaced populations and host communities with life-saving humanitarian assistance, in the areas of Protection, Health & Nutrition, and WASH and FSL.
INTERSOS operations are guided by its Charter of Values and the humanitarian principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence. Every intervention is characterized by the centrality of the human being, the principle from which INTERSOS values descend. Specifically, INTERSOS is borderless, impartial, independent, sensitive to local cultures, attentive to local capacity, professional in solidarity, and transparent. INTERSOS also adheres to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
We recognize diversity as a core value for the Organization, in line with its fundamental principles. INTERSOS is therefore committed to creating an inclusive workplace environment that promotes diversity, equality, and inclusion. INTERSOS encourages applications from qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds, regardless of age, gender identity, race, ethnic background, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or nationality.
As of August 2023, INTERSOS is operational in 23 countries.
Therefore, the Organization now has significant amounts of data. These are collected with different platforms and tools that aim to manage different processes: IMP (INTERSOS Management Platform) is an internally developed software that manages Log, HR, and Program processes. The economic and financial software is the NPW System. Other complementary tools are used to collect data related to payroll management, fundraising activities, etc. Data analysis and management can significantly direct the Organization’s strategic direction.
General purpose of the position
The Data Analyst is the figure who analyzes and interprets data. This analysis aims to extract useful information to test business hypotheses and gain a competitive advantage. The profile could be called a translator of numbers, who is responsible for transforming raw data into valuable information.
The first step in proper and effective analysis is to correctly organize and cluster the data. The Data Analyst can use mathematical codes and formulas to automate calculation processes and group the data in this preliminary step. Upon completion of the analysis, the Data Analyst communicates the results through reports and written documents.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Among the main tasks of the Data Analyst are:
- Understand the types of research to be conducted – based on the needs;
- Ensure that the information is not biased – in which case the Data Analyst will select only valuable data;
- Suggest changes in the tools and processes used for data collection;
- Organize the data and create clusters;
- Read data using statistical methods to identify correlations and interpretive patterns, particular trends or recurring patterns from which helpful information for the company’s business can be derived;
- Share the results of the analysis to stakeholders through written documents. In some cases, the Data Analyst may use visualization software.
Required profile and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in : Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics and Statistics, and Economics.
- Proven experience of at least 5 years in data management, data collection, or Big Data management, in the for-profit or non-profit sector.
- experience in the non-profit sector is an asset
The Data Analyst must possess technical skills in the following areas:
- Knowledge of the most widely used relational databases and SQL language;
- Knowledge of Data Visualization techniques;
- Knowledge/familiarity with ERP systems;
- Extensive knowledge in the area of statistics;
- Knowledge of Excel;
- Knowledge of programming languages, such as Python or R, for example;
- Ability in data modeling;
- Ability in cluster analysis.
- Fluent knowledge of English and Italian languages is mandatory
- French language is an asset
- Propensity for logical and analytical thinking;
- Problem-solving attitude;
- Strong organization and task management, ability to prioritize;
- Effective communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below:
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password and citizenship), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least three references: two line managers and one HR referent. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.